Chapala.com Webboard

Used Honda motor scooters

They're fairly rare around here and certainly not cheap but S&S had one about a month ago, also there's a used bike shop close to and across the street from Soriana, but you're more likely to find one in Guadalajara. I bought an older 2003 150 cc Chinese scooter about 3 months ago that I'm going to se-sell, but haven't decided on a price yet along with a couple of helmets. It's cosmetically a bit rough but runs quite well and only has 3,800 km on it with a Jalisco plate, One thing I learned the hard way (a $2500 peso lesson) is not to buy anything without a local license plate. Joco seems to be the scooter capital around here.

Most folks in Jocotepec do not plate their bikes....do not wear helmets or vests, but do tell me NOT to buy any model from Italika if I want it to last more than 6 months. I intend to buy a better quality and plate it as well as get something better than a baseball cap for my head....or maybe not get anything if it has to come from Guadalajara.

Fred Habacht

Seems once a year about this time the state police set up in Joco for moto plate checks and about 20 or 30 motos and quads are impounded, until the trailer is full. The locals will text or whatsapp each other as soon as the first spots the state police with a trailer. If you elect to try to bribe someone that is risky because there will be 3 or 4 officers present so likely to be arrested.  Your call, just an FYI.

Soriana seems to have scooters for sale from time to time, I bought one there years ago and it lasted a few years until I sold to another.  Wasnt Italika but some other similar brand. 

Archived