Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

traffic flow on Caraterra


quigley
 Share

Recommended Posts

Because of the lack of timing, the space between the lights does not clear when either is red.  Also, the duration is too short for the amount of traffic and in the case of east bound traffic that causes it to back up into the Libremiento intersection.

Yes traffic has increased.  But this situation is exacerbated by an apparent total ignorance about how to place and operate traffic signals.

These backups aren't just occurring in snowbird season.  Whenever there is a holiday or vacation period that draws in a lot of Tapatios it happens as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bdlngton said:

I thought it was solid yellow lines you couldn't cross.  So solid white lines mean the same?  Why have different colors of paint?  Guess they ran out of yellow.

Most people think that, and here in Mexico I don't know. But back home solid yellows are on the outside of the lanes, and white are down the middles. Solid yellows mean no parking, no pulling off, that kind of thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might have helped if WalMart had actually followed through with their contractual agreement to put in proper ingress and egress... or better yet if the city had followed through and commanded that they do so.

Did you know that if you turn right onto San Jose at the lights in front of Fenix, coming from the west, and then immediately turn into the parking lot, you are breaking the law? According to one transito, anyway, who was ticketing people for doing just that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

It might have help if WalMart had actually followed through with their contractual agreement to put in proper ingress and egress... or better yet if the city had followed through and commanded that they do so.

Did you know that if you turn right onto San Jose at the lights in front of Fenix, coming from the west, and then immediately turn into the parking lot, you are breaking the law? According to one transito, anyway, who was ticketing people for doing just that.

I always go that way to Superlake so that I can park in the area of Fenix and then I can exit to the carretera without driving in front of Superlake. I had no idea it was illegal. I wonder why it would be illegal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's obvious that many of you have never lived in a big city . Have any of you ever driven  in LA , or New York  , or Chicago, where I'm from ? This ain't shit ! Be happy that you are among the lucky people who are blessed to be here and stop your bitching or go back to where ever you came from .

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

It might have help if WalMart had actually followed through with their contractual agreement to put in proper ingress and egress... or better yet if the city had followed through and commanded that they do so.

Did you know that if you turn right onto San Jose at the lights in front of Fenix, coming from the west, and then immediately turn into the parking lot, you are breaking the law? According to one transito, anyway, who was ticketing people for doing just that.

I, too, do this all the time, for the same reason.  What is the traffic law being broken here? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, congodog said:

I, too, do this all the time, for the same reason.  What is the traffic law being broken here? 

They claim there is a service road there and if you pull into the parking lot that way you are going the wrong way on it, if even for a few feet.

In actuality, a revenue/mordida opportunity, nothing more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

 

Of course it is a service road. But virtually everyone goes the wrong direction on it-to park and to drive. It would be difficult to park there if you went the "right " direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cedros said:

Of course it is a service road. But virtually eveyone goes the wrong direction on it-to park and to drive. It would be difficult to park there if you went the "right " direction.

You'll get no argument from me.  I was answering the question of why the Transitos shake people down there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

They claim there is a service road there and if you pull into the parking lot that way you are going the wrong way on it, if even for a few feet.

In actuality, a revenue/mordida opportunity, nothing more.

Now I'm really confused.  So turning right onto San Jose, then immediately turning left into the parking lot is the wrong direction?  All service roads on either side of the carreterra move in the direction of the closest lane of traffic. So turning left would be the right direction.  What am I missing here?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gcaschetta said:

It's obvious that many of you have never lived in a big city . Have any of you ever driven  in LA , or New York  , or Chicago, where I'm from ? This ain't shit ! Be happy that you are among the lucky people who are blessed to be here and stop your bitching or go back to where ever you came from .

Welcome, new troll.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I'm the one confused because I visualized turning right.

So what was the transito excuse for the shake down?

That it was against the law; something about the direction; no intelligent reason. You know these guys. Who knows?

A couple of years ago, in front of the drugstore at Plaza Bugambilias, I backed out of my parking spot. Since I was in the spot right beside Juan Alvarez, I backed across the street, then put it in forward and turned right onto Juan Alvarez. A cop, no less, followed us down the block a bit to the big tree roundabout, and pulled us over, saying we had just broken the law. I didn't have to say anything: I was with my lady and her best friend, both long-term residents (over 30 years) and both perfectly bilingual. They tore a strip off this guy while I watched, and his partner in the truck cowered. First of all, she said, you are cops, not transitos. Secondly, let's take a picture and haul ### right now to the police station. That put the boots to their little money-grubbing adventure. (I believe the "law" I "broke" was backing up on a one-way lateral.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gcaschetta said:

It's obvious that many of you have never lived in a big city . Have any of you ever driven  in LA , or New York  , or Chicago, where I'm from ? This ain't shit ! Be happy that you are among the lucky people who are blessed to be here and stop your bitching or go back to where ever you came from .

 

No need to be nasty. If you don't like what people are saying on this Board, you don't need to participate. Perhaps you are the one who should "stop your bitching" and "go back to where ever you came from."

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Did you know that if you turn right onto San Jose at the lights in front of Fenix, coming from the west, and then immediately turn into the parking lot, you are breaking the law? According to one transito, anyway, who was ticketing people for doing just that.

Are you sure it wasn't at the next block Independencia and then turning left in front of Tony's Plus and Deli 8? That is illegal because Independencia is one way going North toward the carratera. I see people doing it all the time though and once or twice saw the transito ticketing someone for that. Sometimes people will even turn in there and turn right into the La Paz/Super Lake parking lot.  That really messes things up!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, congodog said:

Now I'm really confused.  So turning right onto San Jose, then immediately turning left into the parking lot is the wrong direction?  All service roads on either side of the carreterra move in the direction of the closest lane of traffic. So turning left would be the right direction.  What am I missing here?

It isn't the wrong direction really. Just a weak excuse to try and get a mordida.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...