Chapala.com Webboard

New TelMex phone app

ComputerGuy

I downloaded the new phone app advertised in a recent email from TelMex. Looks like you can just flash your phone at the place you normally pay, and it reads the code off the screen (it also lets you pay online). This could be good or bad: I keep the bill on the passenger seat when it arrives, and I generally forget to pay it anyway... without it there, I may never remember.

I went online to change my password, and the TelMex website link to some sections is not working (in Firefox). So I opened Internet Explorer, and I can't even get in to the TelMex website. Anybody else notice this? Is this any way to run an airline?

I downloaded the phone app a week ago for a friend and also did not work. I have the Iusacell App (AT&T) works like a charm on my phone, gives me a complete list of phone calls Internet usage and I can pay my bill online in seconds. You would think with all the money that Slim has they could find a good app developer.

My experience is similar to yours. Sometimes I can log in but later, somewhere along the way if I'm filling in a form or otherwise trying to send something back, the website 'screen' just freezes. IE seems to solve this but now I'm on WIndows 10 and the new browser sometimes fails too.

• 1 month later...

Went to pay this month's phone bill, with the Android app actually working, but at Oxxo the scanner would not pick up the image of the barcode from my phone. Nothing online that I can find on how to actually get it done. Perhaps if they type in the numerical code provided with the barcode... however, this begins to make the app more trouble that it is worth.

Here is the only decent link I can find: http://telmex.com/web/asistencia/hogar-paga-tu-recibo-con-tarjeta-o-codigo

Telmex app.jpg

Archived