Chapala.com Webboard

Elephant Pots

hensley

Has anyone seen pots for plants that are Elephants? The ones I bought almost 10 years ago need to be replaced and we bought them in Ixtlahuacan but that place has been gone for years.

Thanks

So, Hensely, you have an elephant foot plant and you are looking for new pots to put them in.  It sounds like Ferret is describing a special pot that is shaped like an elephant to put an elephant foot plant in.  That sounds cute, but I always thought you could put them in any type pot as long as it was large enough.  I didn't know that there are special pots only for elephant foot plants.  Maybe, I just don´t understand your question very well.

Most likely the phrase pots for plants that are elephants is what got us all confused.

Yeah, I think you guys are probably right about this one.  The OP is looking for a pot in the shape of an elephant, nothing to do with an elephant foot plant.  I guess I got confused by what the following posters wrote.  But I still stand by my original thought that putting an elephant foot plant in an elephant shaped pot sounds kind of cool in an elephant kind of way.

We bought a hilarious donkey/a.s.s. planter on the side of the road in Ajijic some years back, and over the course of time the yard guys have broken first one foot, then another, til now the poor thing sits on stumps.... but I love the ridiculous "hee-haw" grin it sports, and wish I could find another.

6 hours ago, hensley said:

Yes I want elephant pots not plants.

Pots made out of elephants or pots made by elephants?  This is not clear. 

22 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Maybe pots for elephants, or for elephants to use.  It is a grey area, isn‘t it?

Yes, especially since elephants have been painting in Thailand.  I wonder how large their paint pots are.  I didn`t know they paint in grey areas, though.  It must be more comfortable for them since they themselves are grey.

Archived