Chapala.com Webboard

Nueva Posada or another good choice?

Lexy

16 minutes ago, bdmowers said:

Lexy, the closest hotels to you other than Ajijic are in Chapala.  2 good ones: Hotel Real de Chapala on the Carretera as you first get into Chapala, address Paseo del Prado 20, 45920 (this is the little side street betweeen the hotel and Farmacia Guadalajara.  The other is in Chapala proper and is on the malecon, Hotel San Francisco.  None others until you get to Ajijic.

Think that you mean the Lake Chapala Inn.   The Real de Chapala is in LaFloresta

2 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Lexy, the closest hotels to you other than Ajijic are in Chapala.  2 good ones: Hotel Real de Chapala on the Carretera as you first get into Chapala, address Paseo del Prado 20, 45920 (this is the little side street betweeen the hotel and Farmacia Guadalajara.  The other is in Chapala proper and is on the malecon, Hotel San Francisco.  None others until you get to Ajijic.

That's not the Real de Chapala[la Floresta] nor the Lake Chapala Inn B&B[beside Spencer's office]. It's the Hotel Monte Carlo. Correct about Hotel San Francisco which is on Paseo Ramon Corona in the area of the malecon.

Geez the Hotel Monte Carlo is in Chapala  - short street to the lake by Farmacia Guadalajara. And if you

care to Google, trip advisor, booking.com etc the address for the Real de Chapala is Paseo del Prado 20 in Ajijic

but is the country club type place in LaFloresta....  Stayed there over 20 years ago before buying a house here

and multiple events have been held there, including the Feria Maestros del Arte  for several years when it first began

bdmowers, please try to give people the correct information.  If you're not completely sure, double check before posting.  

The other posters are correct in saying that it is the Hotel Monte Carlo which is beside Farmacia Guadalajara, just as you come over the hill coming into Chapala from the west.

2 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Such a stern admonishment for a little community web board!  For your information, Hotel Monte Carlo, at least on the internet, is also known as Hotel Real de Chapala. You can double check this.

No it's not according to google. Even though I personally know where both are having been to both, I checked but not double because it wasn't necessary to do so. just so you know,the Hotel Real de Chapala is  right next to the La Floresta yacht club[Club Nautico] which I have also been to and is the place that they are trying to build those high rise condos.

17 minutes ago, suegarn said:

I didn't say anything wrong.  I was correcting him.  If you want to see the proof, check these out.   http://www.hoteles.udg.mx/montecarlo/   http://www.realdechapala.com/

I wanted to make sure that the OP had the correct information, ComputerGuy.

My dad used to say to me, "It is not what you say, it is how you say it." 

9 minutes ago, Xena said:

My dad used to say to me, "It is not what you say, it is how you say it." 

I'm not sure what is wrong with the way I phrased my original post.  I said 'please', and I said that if they weren't completely sure, they should check their information.  What is wrong with that?

Maybe you do not hear how you say things -- even in writing. CG tried to give you a hint by quoting your first two sentences which are the issue. The rest of your post corrected Brad and ensured the OP had the right information. The first two sentences were unnecessary except as a scolding. Adding "please" doesn't make it all better. If I said "please stop being a prissy little scold" would that make what I said okay?

OK, now can we please get back to the topic with any other recommendations for the OP and knock off lecturing each other about posting style?

There is that hotel in Riberas you get to by driving towards the lake on the road that goes to the new Presbyterian church.  Mom's restaurant is on the corner.  I know someone who has used it and it is definitely Mexican but they found it OK and very reasonably priced.

12 hours ago, suegarn said:

I didn't say anything wrong.  I was correcting him.  If you want to see the proof, check these out.   http://www.hoteles.udg.mx/montecarlo/   http://www.realdechapala.com/

I wanted to make sure that the OP had the correct information, ComputerGuy.

I disagree. You admonished him, and to me it sounded patronizing. I don't think that was at all necessary. I tried to be polite to you about it, but that didn't work. 3/4 of the posts these days are judgmental and show the anger bubbling under the surface.

24 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I disagree. You admonished him, and to me it sounded patronizing. I don't think that was at all necessary. I tried to be polite to you about it, but that didn't work. 3/4 of the posts these days are judgmental and show the anger bubbling under the surface.

Why are you singling my post out?  What about Ellie's tone in her post?

Archived