Chapala.com Webboard

Telephone Fraud repeat caller

So today I had a little fun with a guy who must be rather dumb, but perhaps successful at defrauding people out of money. He has called me twice in the past month. "This is your favorite neighbor silly".... the first time he said he was Mike, was at Costco and asked if I needed anything. I said I don't have a neighbor named Mike and he hung up. Today I played with him...again he said he was my favorite neighbor and how could I not recognize his voice? I said "Jim"? Yes it was Jim, whoever Jim is....and what did I want from Costco...AGAIN! So I gave him a long list, and he said "I'll call you back". I said to a friend, watch, he'll call back and say he had an accident and needed money. Indeed, a few minutes later he called back with a fender bender story near the airport and would I get 4000p to him...he said he didn't understand the other man because he doesn't speak Spanish...I asked if he wanted me to talk to the guy. So he handed his phone over and the other fellow said he needed the money as his daughter is sick and he doesn't want the accident on his record. But "Jim" had already told me that the fellow would have his car towed if he didn't pay up. "Jim" asked me to go to Oxxo and send the money. I said well I'll owe you for the Costco items and he said "Oh it's just a couple hundred pesos"....sure, the list I gave him was like 6000p! Anyway, after back and forth he gave me his Oxxo Banamex number and I said I'd go up and pay. When he called back, I told him I don't have a neighbor named Jim and I had reported his numbers etc. He hung up.  

Now, this jerk "Jim" just called me, it's about two hours later. "Hello, its Jim". I said I'd told him, I dont have a neighbor named Jim. He hung up.

I know there is a number to call to make a report about fraud calls...estafadores...but I can't find it. If anyone knows the correct number I'd be grateful if you'd post it again!

Several friends have gotten the same call.....sometimes he identifies himself as whoever, sometimes he wants you to guess. These are the numbers he has called from:

331 398 1146
331 330 5715
331 844 5540

And here is his Oxxo Banamex number:  4766840742878098.

He called and said he was the owner of my rental home.  I was busy and didn't have time to mess with him so I told him that it must be really long distance since he had died 2 weeks ago.

Ain't if fun to be retired and have plenty of time to screw with con artists?

Archived