Chapala.com Webboard

Help with Ticketmaster MX

hkrause

I'm trying to buy tickets through Ticketmaster online and can't get anywhere with it. The website lets me enter a credit card for my account (using Capital One MC), but when I go to buy tickets the only option for payment is using some flavor of Banamex CC, debit card, etc.  There is a link at the bottom of the payment page to apply a gift card, and I can check a gift card balance within my account info, but I can't find where to purchase a gift card for MX Ticketmaster on their site. The US Ticketmaster gift cards are only usable for US events, so that won't work.

I suppose I could physically go to some Ticketmaster outlet location in Guad, but not sure they will have pre-sale tickets (which is what I'm trying to buy). I understand there's a Ticketmaster at the airport, but have never seen it. Anybody know where it is?

Any help or pointers would be GREATLY appreciated... this is incredibly frustrating trying to get some tickets purchased! Event is at the Auditorio Telmex in Zapopan, btw. Ticket outlet for the event is only shown through Ticketmaster. 

I had a similar experience: I got my credit card to work but because it was a US bank, I had to go a week prior to the performance to show the card and pick up the tix at the will-call window at Telmex. An extra trip, but had my tix...

Here's a list of all the Ticketmaster outlets in Guadalajara.  Click on 'Jalisco' in the list of states.
http://tmespeciales.ticketmaster.com.mx/CentrosTM/

There is also a Ticketmaster outlet in the Guadalajara Cámara de Comercio--chamber of commerce.  It's open M-F 9:30AM-6PM, Saturday 9:00AM-1PM.
Cámara de Comercio
Ticketmaster
Av. Vallarta 4095
Zapopan

Thanks, all. Sounds like my best bet might be a Ticketmaster outlet and pay with cash. We need to hit Costco anyway, so will just jaunt up the road to a nearby Office Depot and see what we can do. Too bad getting tickets through them is so difficult since they're the exclusive seller. I suppose next time a desired event is upcoming, I should just get a CitiBanamex card! :) 

15 hours ago, hkrause said:

Thanks, all. Sounds like my best bet might be a Ticketmaster outlet and pay with cash. We need to hit Costco anyway, so will just jaunt up the road to a nearby Office Depot and see what we can do. Too bad getting tickets through them is so difficult since they're the exclusive seller. I suppose next time a desired event is upcoming, I should just get a CitiBanamex card! :) 

Does the venue of your event have its own box office?  Sometimes that's the best bet for buying tickets.  For example, buying direct at the Teatro Degollado box office means that you avoid the add-on of the Ticketmaster fee AND, if you have the INAPAM card, you get the INAPAM 50% discount on tickets.  Ticketmaster does not honor INPAM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 8:43 AM, More Liana said:

Does the venue of your event have its own box office?  Sometimes that's the best bet for buying tickets.  For example, buying direct at the Teatro Degollado box office means that you avoid the add-on of the Ticketmaster fee AND, if you have the INAPAM card, you get the INAPAM 50% discount on tickets.  Ticketmaster does not honor INPAM.

Tickets for the event are only through Ticketmaster. The venue website directs people there for tickets. Thanks for the thought, though.

For reference, I did get tickets by going to the Ticketmaster outlet in Office Depot. Easy peasy... no line, no waiting, and the sales person was friendly and efficient. We ended up paying cash, so I'm not sure if my regular credit card or debit card would have worked. But for future reference, if anybody wants to buy through Ticketmaster online, be sure to check ahead of time and see if a specific credit card is required to make the purchase.

Heather

• 6 months later...

I just spoke with the ticketmaster people about this problem. They said when you get to DELIVERY OPTIONS there is a little blue choice at the top, above the list, that says OTHER COUNTRY click on that. This will give you the option to put in a US credit card with a US billing address.  I did this now let´s see if it works in November when I go to will call to pick up the tickets.  Hope it works for you. m Hoolia

After struggling for a long time last night, my wife finally just bought tickets through Ticketmaster using a U.S. credit card.  As Hoolia mentioned above, click on the OTHER COUNTRY button and everything works like a NOB transaction. 

Archived