Chapala.com Webboard

First time visit-needs bus help

Viergy

Am coming to area mid to late February for 2 weeks.  Plan on staying in Chapala area about 4-5 days then back to Guad to take bus to SMA, Quanjuanto  area.  Is there a recommendation for someone to talk to about getting help to ensure I get to correct bus station in Guad and how to purchase tickets for the most direct bus  etc?  I am researching the area for a permanent move in late winter 2018.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Muchas gracias. 

" ...ensure I get to correct bus station in Guad and how to purchase tickets for the most direct bus... "

The bus station to use is commonly called the 'new'  or 'central' station, officially the Estacionamiento Central de Autobuses Guadalajara. It is located in the vicinity of Tonala. Any taxi driver will know where it is. There are (at least) two buses 'direct' to San Miguel... ETN and Primera Plus. I always use ETN and tickets are available at most OXXO convenience stores or at the bus station itself. A bus leave about every 2 hours so getting seats is not generally a problem. I take the 9:30 bus and it gets into San Miguel around 3:00. Schedule in online at their website. The ETN bus stops briefly in Leon and again, I think, in Guanajuato City before getting to San Miguel.... same bus. About 5.5 hours total trip. The cost on ETN is roughly 675 pesos.

On 1/23/2017 at 11:37 AM, RickS said:

" ...ensure I get to correct bus station in Guad and how to purchase tickets for the most direct bus... "

"...The bus station to use is commonly called the 'new'  or 'central' station, officially the Estacionamiento Central de Autobuses Guadalajara..."

The name of the long-distance bus station is the Nueva Central Camionera.  Here's a link to its website:
http://www.autobusesycamioneras.com/central-camionera-de-guadalajara.html

Archived