Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside accomodations

I'm pretty sure there are past threads addressing this topic. How would I locate them here on this forum?

Failing that, I might be coming for a week (possibly two) in the upcoming months. Am looking for recommendations for comfortable ensuite preferrrably

under $50USD- 1,000 pesos/ night hotels/B&B's. Should be within easy walking distance of amenities as I won't have a car and preferrably in a not  overly noisy (and welcoming) area.

Any recommendations will be much appreciated.

You will pay in pesos.  Look at both Ajijic and Chapala centros for walkability to the local shopping and entertainment areas, parks, malecons, restaurants, etc.  Chapala has some B&Bs right on the Malecon, and some just a couple of blocks away.  Ajijic B&Bs are often close to the plaza, with a few some few blocks away, but with more inclines to walk.   You will find a variety of prices available, from simple comfort to rather elegant.  Let Google be your friend for pictures, contact information and maps with street views. You can tour the area with the little yellow man.

Thanks, we'll scratch that one from the list. I'd appreciate any other recommendations, particulary places well known for their good included breakfasts, WiFi that is dependable,

and tucked well away from the Saturday all-night parties( complete with the huge speakers, Spanish heavy metal music at maximum volume, etc.)

Archived