Chapala.com Webboard

GDL Airport - Any problems? - Pickup at 10:00pm tonight

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Are they still letting people drive through the parking garage for drop off at no charge?  Previously they were allowing like 15 minutes drive through and you could exit without paying.

As of last monday it didn't appear that was hapening but then I parked and accompanied my guest in.  Now that I think of it, I did see a sign that you don't pay for 15 minutes or less.  But the drop off situation and road crossing right in front of the terminal was much better than just 9 days previous.  That situation keeps changing as construction continues.

Just dropped my brother off in front of the terminal, no problems, no backups and no sign of any demonstrators.

The revenue bandits have their cameras set up in both directions on that middle intersection on Chapala highway after Ixtlahuacan.  Don't feed the thieves.

Hard to tell the extent of the construction.  The taxis are right in front of the terminals, the drop offs are now on the other side of that huge roof structure they are building.  What I wonder about is while they were doing this they didn't also separate the pedestrian traffic crossing to the parking area from the vehicles as is the norm at most major airports.

Archived