Chapala.com Webboard

Permanent Residence

bill_d

I am planning to obtain my permanent residency card. I know the process. My dilemma is I have not found a home I am willing to purchase. I really need a 'base' lakeside for now. I have a storage unit and car lakeside. I generally rent a spot in the village because I have guests join me, but since I will be alone I may stay at a hotel. I also spend time in Colima, Guadalajara, San Miguel, Federal Zone, and the west coast. Would a hotel address in Ajijic work for my residency card? 

You might be better off with a rental for a few months, as the completion process with INM in Chapala will take some several weeks, maybe a couple of months; even more if holiday seasons intervene, especially around Easter and Christmas.  You will need either the CFE bill for your residence and/or a comprobante de residencia from the palacio municipal.  I doubt that a hotel address would suffice for either.  Maybe Spencer knows for sure, and will respond.

They dont verify addresses so you could be ok unless you are unlucky enough for a random check later on and you have gone and the hotel says you no longer live there although you do have 90 days to notify of a change of address so it really depends on how often you will move, etc. 

Archived