Chapala.com Webboard

Who has THE best guacamole at lakeside?

mexicomoose

Yes, I wanna start a fight. :P Which restaurant at Lakeside DO YOU THINK serves THE best guacamole? The quality of the totopos can be factored in. 

BUT PLEASE do NOT reply with your favorite recipe or by telling me how easy it is to make it myself at home. Read the question please and thank you. :D

ALL the restaurants I've dined at have too many raw onions and/or fire in their guacamole.  Doesn't agree with my belly.  The best guacamole I've found (don't laugh) is in the fresh vegetable section at Walmart in little round plastic containers.  It comes plain, with mild chiles or super hot.  Serves 2-4.  No raw onions.  Now......here comes the "recipe" suggestion, but it's really no sweat.  Add some crema and salsa verde (small Herdez can).  Delicious. Serves more.

BEER GARDEN in Chapala hands down!

You get to control the amount of all the ingredients they prepare in front of you....always fresh! Entertainment wise,  it's one whole production number in itself!!

Ate at the beer garden yesterday.  Agree about the guacamole.  Other than that, the beef in the fajitas was like leather.  Even the tortillas were tough.

Good place for beer and snacks I think but maybe go elsewhere for real dining.  Wonderful place to take visitors, my brother loved the views.

My favorite guac stop is Lety's Mariscos in San Antonio. They only serve tostadas and not totopos, which is a downside, but the guacamole itself is terrific. You can specify 'picante' or 'no picante' when ordering; we like 'picante'.

Archived