Chapala.com Webboard

Regularizacion del ISR 2015

Floradude

I had quite a surprise today. After considerable time translating the letter/document/bill I determined the following.  The first sentence translates to:

During 2015 you got deposits in cash for $195,131 pesos; however, you are enrolled in the Federal Register of contributors without tax obligations.

In looking back at my Banamex bank statements for 2015 I wrote 4 Wells Fargo checks each  for $3000 USD and had them deposited into my Banamex account as pesos.

Now they are telling me I have to pay ISR on this to the amount of $30,765 pesos by April 3rd.   They also say...if you are not obliged to pay the ISR by cash deposits obtained enter in sat.gob.mx (Regularization of the ISR) where you can clarify the origin of your deposits.

Has anyone encountered this type of action before?  A lawyer might cost more then the amount they want me to pay?

Note:  This is posted on Mexico General but I think there is a better chance of finding US Citizens who live here and deposit their American checks in a local bank who might also have experienced this.  If you have, what did you do?

Yes we have helped people through this, many times the bank blunders and cashes your US dollar check and then deposits cash pesos therefore triggering the reporting requirement due to their odd accounting and procedures. 

Same thing happened to me last week.  I had sold my old car, deposited the money then wrote a much larger check for the new vehicle.  I was told 3 letters had been added to my RFC # which designated I was self employed.  An accountant said to do nothing since I don't have a business.

Archived