Chapala.com Webboard

Where do I turn off highway to get to Gallerias Mall?

Hola,

We have driven to Costco a few times now (via Jocotepec) and see the Gallerias Mall on the left of the divided highway while on the way.

We looked the last time we went to costco but do not see any place to turn off to get to the Mall.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the Mall, is there a specific turn I need to take?

Gracias

There is a set of lights right across from one of the CostCo entrances... you turn left there. But are you talking about the Galerias Mall in Zapopan, or are you thinking of the big "discount mall" on the way to the CostCo (López Mateos) from Joco, which is called something else entirely? If so, you will eventually come to a retorno after you pass it, while heading towards that CostCo.

You don't see the Galerias mall on the way to that Costco. Maybe you are thinking of the Plaza Outlet mall-there is a retorno for this about 4 kilometers farther along. After passing this mall goint north west and you see ahead a highway crossing over the highway you are on get to the right quickly as that is the returno.  Galerias is much farther along that road and then onto the Periferico west.

It was posted several years ago that this outlet mall did not have lower prices like we expect up north, but rather high prices. I don't know whether that is true or not but that was what was posted years ago and several folks agreed.

You could do it. Keep going past Costco on Lopez Mateos until you come to the periferico. Here you exit in the direction of Nogales. After about 4 kilometers on the periferico you take the Avenida Vallarta exit towards central Guadalajara. After about 2 kilometers on Vallarta (stay on the lateral) Galerias mall is on the right (you will probably see the Costco). I think the name of the street you exit on is Rafael Sanzio. The easiest entrance to Galerias is to take the right exit just before the Liverpool store. There is covered parking there that leads into Galerias.

From Lazaro Cardenas, exit Rafael Sanzio and turn left, south. Costco is on your left and Galerias is on your right. It is a lot more complicated going up Lopez Mateo from Joco. If you insist on going that way, just proceed north on LM, past the Perifico and at the second glorieta ( you will have to be on the lateral and not the express lanes), take the 3rd exit (270 deg) and you will be on Patria. Proceed and at the next major intersection, take a left and the next major road will be Rafael Sanzio. Take a right. Proceed  on RS until you see Costco on your RIGHT and Galerias on your LEFT.

Archived