Chapala.com Webboard

Current building costs

Willie

Expect all costs to rise this year with rising gasoline costs

I'm an architect currently building in Ajijic. Costs for midlevel new construction are 8000-9000. It's the same if it's in Chapala or Ajijic. As noted earlier remodelling is tricky and costs vary greatly depending on the type of work that has to be done. For example if new plumbing or electrical is needed as compared to just paint.

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

Am I missing something?  At 8000 to 9000 pesos per sq mtr, that comes out to 300 to 400 U.S. dollars per square foot. Right?

Per square meter not foot.

Have a very good understanding what is included in the cost of the build. Make sure you have all your questions in writing when you discuss costs. Permits and fees for water, sewer, electricity, phone lines. Yea! No gas worries, its in a propane tank!

Architect fees separate from the build? Is there a percentage above and beyond the cost of the per sq meter that goes to the maestro? IMSS?

Factor in Christmas bonus if it isn't a package deal, yeah, I know they are exempt from the bonus laws, but to you really want to be scrooge to the guys building your house? And always be prepared for the unknown.

Our house build in Guanajuato City is running about $7700 per sq meter, but we have to factor in labor to haul material to the site ( callejons) above and beyond the build.

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2017 at 9:09 AM, zerbit said:

Have a very good understanding what is included in the cost of the build. Make sure you have all your questions in writing when you discuss costs. Permits and fees for water, sewer, electricity, phone lines. Yea! No gas worries, its in a propane tank!

Architect fees separate from the build? Is there a percentage above and beyond the cost of the per sq meter that goes to the maestro? IMSS?

Factor in Christmas bonus if it isn't a package deal, yeah, I know they are exempt from the bonus laws, but to you really want to be scrooge to the guys building your house? And always be prepared for the unknown.

Our house build in Guanajuato City is running about $7700 per sq meter, but we have to factor in labor to haul material to the site ( callejons) above and beyond the build.

Hello,

My name is Cathy and I am a new member. My husband and I just purchased a home in Guanajuato City. Our home is a few blocks up a callejon as well. The $7700 per square meter you mention in your post was that including basic finishes or was that to white work without finishes?  Thanks for any information. 

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Jeff Duffin said:

Hi new to this group but interested in the cost of simple warehouse costs to construct. Also, what is the average cost for land, say, in Chapala for commercial property? Simular to this property

https://chapalamls.net/properties/price-reductions/artist-bodega-4475

Thanks Jeff

Well in 2 years ago, I tray to buy a comercial lot in Riveras del Pilar, the prices of the lot was $ 1 000 000pesos, like $52 000 usd sprox, and I ask a estimate for ar enginer in gdl to buid  ware cost, and the prices was $750 000 pesos, like $40 000 usd, but not icluide septick tank and algibe, and the lot construction was 12x40.  So the lot comercial is like $6 000 to $10 000 pesos, and $8 000 to $12 000 for construction. Saludos

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jeff Duffin said:

thanks much 4 the numbers Saludos, is the 12X40 m2 or sq ft.? do you need a Mexican Resident Architect or/and Engineer to get a building permit in Chapala? Can you contract as an owner/builder?
thanks jeff

Is 12x40m2. To get the permit anyone can get in the goverment office. But to make tha plan and the perito sing, need to be a architec or enginering whit jalisco state permit. If you need more info send me a PM. Saludos

• Thanks 1