Chapala.com Webboard

robbed in Puerta Arroyo

Expensive lesson and now perhaps you know how to fortify. Unfortunately, pros will almost always defeat our best efforts. Now you need to determine how they knew what was there and where it was and then maybe you will have an idea of who helped them. I suspect you did not have a billboard in front of your house.

Sorry for your loss.  This is very valuable information.   Puerta Arroyo, if I'm correct, is a gated community with a guard checking access 24/7.   So, as GimpyChimp asked - what did the Guard have to say as it appears from your photos the perps entered with a dark colored suv? Too looks like they drove up, 4 in the afternoon, and parked in tour drive.   Anyone else in the community get broken into?  This is the weirdest B&E I've ever seen.

So many times it is the "security guy" who is at the helm.  They get to know you - watch you leave smiling, then call in the bad guys and voila - robbed.  So sorry for your loss.  

Get a couple of big dogs and keep them in your yard while we go out people!  There are many lovely dogs at The Ranch that would be happy to work for you for food & a little love!!!

I know this is a wild guess - but - these people do not look like your typical drug hungry robbers, and that vehicle looks like a popular model used by Uber. Have you used an Uber cab lately? If so, I believe they have pictures of all the drivers. Doesn't the security shack record license plates coming and going?

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I wonder if they tried to rob any other homes. If it was only one house it makes me think it wasn't random and maybe they knew someone from the inside (maid, gardener, handymen that had been in the house or guard as the others suggested) 

I'm surprised they didn't take laptops or passports too. 

Yes

21 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I know this is a wild guess - but - these people do not look like your typical drug hungry robbers, and that vehicle looks like a popular model used by Uber. Have you used an Uber cab lately? If so, I believe they have pictures of all the drivers. Doesn't the security shack record license plates coming and going?

Someone said it looks like the propane gas guys. And no our manager won't get the guards to do anything. I reported it to policia, manager. And are giving pics to everyone I see

On 1/10/2017 at 10:08 PM, pappysmarket said:

Expensive lesson and now perhaps you know how to fortify. Unfortunately, pros will almost always defeat our best efforts. Now you need to determine how they knew what was there and where it was and then maybe you will have an idea of who helped them. I suspect you did not have a billboard in front of your house.

No one knew about all the money we had.  We had it there a few days to pay our bills. They got lucky

12 hours ago, Oatsie said:

I'm surprised no one else has asked the question.....   Did you report this to the Ministerio Publico and show them the pictures ?

The policia is the one who helped me with our camera and took pics with him. We just have to get a lawyer to go down with us to police station to file. And I feel like suing my manager for not making the guards do what they are suppose to do. But I am glad my little doggies are ok and they didn't let them out. But they sure are freaked out. 

2 minutes ago, El Cartero said:

Would probably be a good idea to drop the info off with the guards in los sabinos.   Those guys are on the ball and take data on non-resident cars that attemp entry.   Wouldn't hurt.   

I thought abou that. But I ended up in hospital the same night. I had a gallbladder attack.

Archived