Chapala.com Webboard

Motorcycle intentionally run over

jarmen01

I find this story a little strange..  Hard to believe that no one knows the owner of a green Land/Range Rover..A pretty rare vehicle in these parts.  If it has non Mexician plates then it should have aTIP so the owners name should be in the computer.. Hard to imagine there are many green Range/Land Rover with Minnesota plates in Mexico..  If the TIP is tied to your passport shouldn't they know the owners name.,.?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, johnnyg said:

Two sides to most every story. I too would like to hear what the supposed perpetrator has to say.

Now we have a lynch mob of Harley riders cruising the area to hang some expat from the nearest tree.  They only know what has been posted by the OP who was not at the scene of the accident.  I am a motorcyclist for 45 years and I ride daily. I too have been rear ended twice, the last time about 4 months ago in Guadalajara.  So my bias rides with the motorcyclist in this case.  However, not all of the facts have been posted in this thread.  There has been no reply from the other party.

Off topic...., but a reminder for expats who are following this thread>>>

Piedra Barrenada is well known for being a gringo$/bump traffic opportunity.  A moto or car will quickly cut in front of a vehicle at a tope and then slam on the brakes to come to a quick stop.  The moto gets rear ended.  The rider threatens the expat and claims they work for immigration or they are a govt employee ....blah blah blah.  He takes all of the money the expat has on him and then agrees all is good.  Then guess what? The next day the extortion begins.  He rounds up the valet guys in front of the fish restaurants and pays them off as witnesses to back his version of the "accident".  Did this happen in this case? I have no idea. I am only saying there are always two sides to every story.  Disclaimer:  I am not pissin´ on Mexicans here, all of my moto buddies are Mexican.  

My wife went thru this twice in Piedra so I know the drill.

So now we have an unseen lynch mob, a statement pretty much calling the OP a liar, another that says "not all the facts have been posted" (because obviously you know), an admitted bias, a story completely unrelated as an example of what you assumed happened, and a conspiracy.

Ever heard the expression "kangaroo court"?

We have only have one side of the story. Period. I never posted anything the OP posted was untrue, I only posted that there are two sides to the story.  Not All of the facts of the story have been posted until we hear from the other.  And we have not heard from the other side.  So no rush to judgment until all of the facts are revealed.  And if anyone wants my passport number or permanent visa status pm me to make sure I do not own a Range Rover or whatever.  I have no secrets.

Chill out.

You refer to the "guy has done the same thing' report, and take that as gospel, yet your "bias rides with the motorcyclist in this case", so how can you say anything about this with a straight face?

The OP described an incident; she has no obligations whatsoever to provide "the other side of the story" to you or anyone else. Why can't you just accept what she posted?

I accept what the OP posted.  I do not agree that anyone should accept that as the gospel truth until they hear from the other party. 

That area is a known gringo trap. Whoever hit the guy made a mistake and paid for it.

10 hours ago, Kiko said:

Now we have a lynch mob of Harley riders cruising the area to hang some expat from the nearest tree.   I am a motorcyclist for 45 years and I ride daily. 

Whoa buckwheat, don't include Harley bikers in your little scenario, we'll leave it to you Honda "motorcyclists"!

Archived