Chapala.com Webboard

Kodi

mtech1950

Clear individual caches of KODI video addons. If that doesn´t help then go to the MBOX settng which is; "clear all addon caches" but if you do be prepared for some odd things to happen on some of the video addons for a day or 2 until it gets back to normal. I only have a Telmex 10 mbs download and 1 mbs upload [constant when I check on  the speed test site] with never a problem on KODI once I clear the cache/s.

• 7 months later...

The channels would ask you to buy a subscription, not give you a streaming error message. Unfortunately, there are so many variations of software and installations, I can't really tell you. Sounds more like an Internet issue, but no way to know for sure.

Mother nature at work.  I have a constant speed monitor on my computer.  Megacable especially varies the download speed second to second.  Sometimes there is a 2-3 second drop.  While, on the average, the download rate may seem adequate the variations can play havoc with a video stream.  Netspeed is misleading since it shows the average rate, not short term variations.

Netflix goes to some lengths to smooth out the stream.  I can't comment on other content providers.  In general lately both Telmex and Telecable service is lower quality since they are pushing in more high data users without visible infrastructure improvement.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:36 AM, barcelonaman said:

which add on you using? try clear cache as well. i use wookie and no problems.

I gave up on my Kodi here.  It just seems to always stall and since I am technically challenged I gave up.  I give myself credit for at least installing it and sporadically watching a movie or two. LOL.

16 hours ago, TheGadgetsGuy said:

No problems on any of my boxes with addons. I'm always working on new builds and such, but on-demand shows and movies along with live tv are chugging right along.

Lucky you.  I too experience great delays while watching movies, so much that I have given up on Kodi.  Too technically challenged to try and fix it.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:22 PM, TheGadgetsGuy said:

On Kodi 17.3 with Titan Skin (Netflix look), I'm using a combination of Convenant, Elysium, Exodus, Specto, SALTS, Bob & Openload. I can help set up your box if you like.

TheGadgetsGuy, to whom were you directing your offer about helping with Kodi?

On 8/26/2017 at 3:30 PM, TheGadgetsGuy said:

Yes, I can help you my fellow Hoosier

Thx "The GadgetsGuy".  We'll discuss Indiana when you come over. IU or Purdue or other? LOL.  I can sure use the help.  I'm leaving for AZ now and will be back 2nd week in Sept.  Let me know when you can stop by. Boiler Up!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived