Chapala.com Webboard

Maximum pesos you can get from CI Banco ATM

sm1mex

Ummm...... I think all ATM's do have a per withdrawal limit. Banorte here in PV recently was boasting that their limit had been raised to $50,000. Perhaps I am wrong but then why were they bragging.

58 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

What is the maximum amount of pesos you can draw out of CI Banco ATM at one time?  I know what U.S. dollars per day my bank allows.

I have always taken 20,000, as that was enough for me. The only way to find out is try for what you want, and then go down some if refused.

1 hour ago, JyC said:

It depends on your bank and what they allow per day, doesn't depend on CI Banco 

If you read the OP's post it states "At one time"  I don't use CI Banco but I believe it's 12,000 per withdrawl.. You can make as many withdrawls as YOUR bank allows.

For example I use the Scotia ATM and have to make two withdrawls to get $12,000 peso, but if I use Multiva I can get 12 in one shot...

The CIBanco ATM has been suffering problems in the last few days. Hadn't been repaired as of late yesterday.

Does anyone know what days and times they they replenish the CIBanco ATM?  This would be good info for strategizing large withdrawals. 

I have seen 2 ladies at the machine from the bank apparently putting money into the machine.  The guard said they were filling the machine at the time.  Since we can no longer cash U.S. checks, it puts a strain on the ATM's and lakeside is growing.  Guad Reporter has an article where Mexico is now the number one place to retire.  Depending on the next 4 years in politics, we may have a bunch more people coming to paradise.

I'm able to get my US allowable in pesos which is 20,000 pesos, depending on the exchange rate.  Have not tried for 21K but will the next time since the peso dropped again.  I used to do the same at the Scotia ATM.  At that time, with the exchange rate, I was withdrawing 12K at a time.

3 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Guad Reporter has an article where Mexico is now the number one place to retire.  Depending on the next 4 years in politics, we may have a bunch more people coming to paradise.

I have been here since 1999, and Mexico has been the Number One retirement area outside the US and Canada every year since then. Nothing new here. We have Many More Mexicans coming to Lakeside in  those years than Extranjeros. Don't count those eggs as chickens yet.

We went today to CI Banco.  They had money in the ATM.  We tried to get 14,000 at one transaction and it said, you have exceeded your limit.  We knew we had not exceeded our U.S. banks daily dollar limit, so we had to do 2 transactions 7,000 pesos each and we got it, totaling our original 14,000 we wanted.

Perhaps they put a limit amount per one transaction on the week end to hopefully make the withdrawal money last longer.

I'll ask the bank next time I am around there.

Archived