Chapala.com Webboard

What is under construction in centre of Ajijic

Arroyos

I have heard rumours that the new construction underway, I think the street is Marcos Castellanos, mountain side, is going to be a pawn shop or Casa de Empeño.  Does anyone know this as an actual fact?

Also, there is construction going on at the Carretera and Juarez.  Used to be a residence there.  Any news on what that is.

Thanks.

Great, a pawn shop for high interest loans or to more easily sell stolen items. 

20 hours ago, Newjersey expat said:

Not really!   After I was robbed, I went to the pawn shop by Sorriano. He said the things were probably on their way to Guad.

I think that's what probably happened to my laptop as well, when it was stolen.  I checked the pawn shop by Soriana for a few weeks, but no sign of it.

Stolen stuff more often gets traded in at the local drug dealer in exchange for their next hit of whatever. Friend of mine in another area got his laptop, cell phone and camera stolen out of his house. His Mex. business partner and buddy went straight to the local drug "tienda", told the dealer what was missing and asked him to give them a call if any of the stuff showed up. Sure enough, that evening, the dealer called and said he'd just gotten a cell phone with all my friend's contacts on it. Got the phone and laptop back, not the camera.

Yes this is another construction site on the South side of the Carretera and on the West side of Juarez as it crosses the Carretera It looks like it could be quite large. The world to include Ajijic is changing, that's for sure ;)

This stuff, approved by the same government that claims to want to make Ajijic a pueblo magico rather makes a bad joke of that claim.

Spencer nailed the people approving this stuff quite well on another thread.  I'll beg his indulgence and reproduce it here as it is relevant to what we see happening here:

My wife and I have agreed not to pay municipal water or taxes as the local governments are complicit in violations of human rights and not giving answers, unfortunately they will probably stiff the lower end people first and not the higher up leaches who only get their jobs with administration changes.  I have been lied to and had false documents with lies provided to me by the local government so have no problem with not paying to show my dissatisfaction with the corruption that is presently happening even though they have a cheerleader who poses for pictures with all foreigners she says she works for free although supports the administration and gives dumb answers like "the huge potholes on the main street havent been fixed because they have been asking for it for 67 years".  I had asked for documents through transparency for some clients and was denied as well as asked for copies of permits and licenses and told none existed which is a lie and now puts them criminally liable, all for a dumb coverup for stealing money and incompetence, things are out of control and someone needs to fight for the little guy, the workers whose tortillas will rise 5 pesos a kilo, milk which will rise, transportation and gas.  How will families make up this deficit which was thrust upon them with little notice... although the news is filtering another gas hike next month. 

So many want to pass the buck and say its not us we are a different level of government but besides stealing and extortion, where do the local flunkies get their money from?  I mean really how naive can the people be with these Johnny come lately types who never had a real job and then within a short time have alot and who thwart all attempts at proper requests to see documents detailing expenditures and where money comes from.  As foreigners dont march in the streets but also remember who the enemy is and use your wallet to show displeasure, there is no rush to make payments and you may help others who are poorer.

If you were angry at the bailouts of US Banks that is what is happening here but with more egregious thievery and fraud with Pemex. 

Archived