Chapala.com Webboard

Experience Buying Tires

hensley

We needed tires for our little Estaquita truck, we shopped all around here to all the ones that are recommended. They ranged from $1300p - $1600p each. We needed to go to Joco today so we stopped in at BUHO's Llantas same tires that we looked at locally were $1050p each, with a 3 year warranted, 2 other cars came in after us since I think we were there right after they opened a little after 9am.

They have lots of tires and we were outta there in less than 30 minutes.

As you are going into Joco after you pass the PEMEX gas about 1 block further on your left side, you will see all the tires piled up out front. Owner was real helpful but does not speak any English.

331-545-7432 or 331-053-4637 or 01-387-763-3068

Miguel Arana #440

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 1:13 PM, hensley said:

We needed tires for our little Estaquita truck, we shopped all around here to all the ones that are recommended. They ranged from $1300p - $1600p each. We needed to go to Joco today so we stopped in at BUHO's Llantas same tires that we looked at locally were $1050p each, with a 3 year warranted, 2 other cars came in after us since I think we were there right after they opened a little after 9am.

They have lots of tires and we were outta there in less than 30 minutes.

As you are going into Joco after you pass the PEMEX gas about 1 block further on your left side, you will see all the tires piled up out front. Owner was real helpful but does not speak any English.

331-545-7432 or 331-053-4637 or 01-387-763-3068

Miguel Arana #440

What size tire did you purchase?

look at the birth date of the tire, 

i recently bought tires for my SUV that were hard to find.

they had a birth date on the side of the tire, the one i bought were 

11 months old.

some company's in the US will sell you a new tire that is 4 years old, for a low price.

tires have a life of about 5 years,

Gosh I sure hope you are wrong about the life of tires, 5 miles. I bought a Ford Explorer in 2000  for my Seattle residence and in about 2003 there was a tire recall. Since 2003 I have only driven the car maybe 26,000 miles (I'm usually in Mexico).  The tires look great.

I hope I can keep on using them. (During my latest visit, I used the car to drive to the local Costco [4 miles], the local grocery store [1 mile] several times and to visit relatives for a total of maybe 60 miles)

Tires don't last as long if the vehicle isn't driven, particularly if they are exposed to lots of sunshine. The "rule" about tire life being 5 years aoplies to vehicles which are not driven often, such as RVs. If there are not cracks on the sidewalls, they are ok, in terms of not being susceptible to blowing out. Rubber contains a lubricant,  and flexing keeps the lubricant distributed.

Archived