Chapala.com Webboard

Situation at airport?

bdlngton

I have guests arriving about 3:00 tomorrow afternoon and I plan to go to the airport to pick them up.  Now I'm wondering if it would be smarter to have them take a taxi.  Does anybody know if there have been any protests/blocks at the airport or the highway around if in the past several days?  I'm also wondering about availability of taxis given the gasoline situation.  Anybody know?

The taxis are getting through otherwise your best bet is to go into the parking garage and meet them at the exit from the immigration area.  They may have to wait a bit for a taxi.  The construction chaos in front of the terminal is total.

Please report back what you did for this and what you found out at the airport.  I have to pick my brother up there next week.

420?  To Chapala no?  I paid 480 a month ago to the 'jic.   Still cheaper than using local drivers who have far less overhead.   My point being I would not send them a local driver as I've done in the past.   I would have them take a taxi and email them directions, phone etc., to the house.  As well as give them directions to the kiosk to pay for the trip and how to go outside and get in the correct taxi if they have little or no Spanish.   

On 1/4/2017 at 10:42 AM, Mainecoons said:

The taxis are getting through otherwise your best bet is to go into the parking garage and meet them at the exit from the immigration area.  They may have to wait a bit for a taxi.  The construction chaos in front of the terminal is total.

Please report back what you did for this and what you found out at the airport.  I have to pick my brother up there next week.

Met friends arriving from US at airport today with no problems.  Lots of empty spaces on 2nd floor of parking garage.  I noticed all gas stations open on the way with no lines.  Tamale place next to OXXO at last gas station before airport exit also open. Except for flight being delayed out of Dallas, veyr smooth pick up.

Archived