Chapala.com Webboard

Defirillator

Someone mentioned that schools and other places do not have defibrillators.

This came as an email from costco. It lists the cost as $999.00  and will deliver.  Since it was in English, I assume that is US dollars. You buy it on line and they deliver in < 2 weeks. It had 25 responses and was a 4.9

Member Only Item

$200 OFF

$200 manufacturer’s discount is valid 12/23/16 through 1/22/17. While supplies last.

Shipping & Handling Included

Features:
  • Defibrillator with Installed Pads
  • HeartStart Training Pads
  • American Red Cross Deluxe Personal Safety Emergency Pack
  • Wall Mount Bracket
  • Safe, Easy to Use

An AED or automatic external defibrillator costs between $1,200 and $2,500, according to the American Heart Association[1] and the State of New Hampshire[2] . The cost varies based on the features of the AED, which can include voiced instructions or the ability to perform an EKG, a test that measures heart function, during use.

There is only one AED that is FDA-approved for home use because of the ease of use. The Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator[3] sells for $1,270 and $1,565.

23 minutes ago, Newjersey expat said:

Someone mentioned that schools and other places do not have defibrillators.

This came as an email from costco. It lists the cost as $999.00  and will deliver.  Since it was in English, I assume that is US dollars. You buy it on line and they deliver in < 2 weeks. It had 25 responses and was a 4.9

Member Only Item

$200 OFF

$200 manufacturer’s discount is valid 12/23/16 through 1/22/17. While supplies last.

Shipping & Handling Included

Features:
  • Defibrillator with Installed Pads
  • HeartStart Training Pads
  • American Red Cross Deluxe Personal Safety Emergency Pack
  • Wall Mount Bracket
  • Safe, Easy to Use

An AED or automatic external defibrillator costs between $1,200 and $2,500, according to the American Heart Association[1] and the State of New Hampshire[2] . The cost varies based on the features of the AED, which can include voiced instructions or the ability to perform an EKG, a test that measures heart function, during use.

There is only one AED that is FDA-approved for home use because of the ease of use. The Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator[3] sells for $1,270 and $1,565.

They are in short supply all around the lake with emergency response facilities.Schools here are not the place for them. Are you interested in donating one or starting a fundraiser?

Hotels are required to have them. Monte Carlo does. I don't know about restaurants. As a member of lakeside Assistance, i know we have brought down several and Chapala bomberos/ EMt  have them. Some have gone to other towns.

45 minutes ago, Bajabrady said:

Are they located anywhere? It's a great idea! But where would you put them? They're simple to use and definitely life savers! Does the LCS have one there?

When not even all ambulances have portable defibrillators in municipalities around the lake in a population of 250,000,it's more important to get them there than into LCS. I believe Cruz Roja Chapala may have only 2 and Bomberos Chapala have none. There is much emergency equipment lacking. For example Tizapan uses a crowbar for the jaws of life and they have to cover all the way to San Luis Soyatlan on a highway that has many accidents. Fortunately a firefighter supply organization headed up by John Kelly are trying to rectify this with their Canadian connection.

Edit:Glad to see the Bomberos here have them now but what about the others around the lake. 24 hr. facilities like hotels make sense but as the name implies first responders are of more import.

Just curious. But what's the ambulance response time? Might be quicker to dial a friend and drive to the nearest AED. It might be good to make a list of locations that can deal quickly and efficiently with life threatening rhythms. The AEDs have become so affordable and advanced. I remember when they first came out. I was working as a paramedic. They wanted to transition our equipment for the AED. Definitely stole some of our thunder as we would just sit back and let the machine do the work. Luckily it was only a brief trial period and we went back to our protocol.

Archived