Chapala.com Webboard

Paying 2017 Car Tax

This morning I was at the office in Chapala to renew my car tax for 2017 and was hit with having to pay for 3 parking tickets in Guadalajara at $359 each.

The parking violations in Guad happened during May 2016 at which time we were in the USA and our car was locked in the carport in a gated complex with the battery disconnected.   There was no option but to pay the fines along with the car tax but boy, did it rankle?:angry:   Would love to know if anyone successfully challenged a car parking violation in Guadalajara?

We have some friends whose older Mexican car was stolen. It was never recovered, of course. They finally decided to buy a new car. They were not allowed to register it until the speeding ticket from a camera was paid. The ticket was from after it was stolen. They just paid it and got on with their lives. Do you really want to fight City Hall in Mexico for about $52usd?  

2 hours ago, Joyfull said:

We have some friends whose older Mexican car was stolen. It was never recovered, of course. They finally decided to buy a new car. They were not allowed to register it until the speeding ticket from a camera was paid. The ticket was from after it was stolen. They just paid it and got on with their lives. Do you really want to fight City Hall in Mexico for about $52usd?  

When my Mexican-plated car was stolen in 2011, one of the last things I had to do in the month-long process was to CEDE THE RIGHTS to my plates at the recaudadora. That way I was no longer liable for any incidents/infractions, etc. that could be connected to those plates.

Archived