Chapala.com Webboard

where to buy good CD player at Lakeside?

JayBearII

Tried WalMart a few weeks ago, they were down to one last one that was missing some stuff. Would like a really good one, sound-wise. Guess Guadalajara would be a good source, if there is no source at Lakeside, but I have no idea which major retailers in Guad carry them.

There is a Pioneer store in Chapala that can fix you up. I would always take the road beside the bus station where the buses park, then my first right, go a block then another right and they are on the left. Misael is the mans name and he speaks perfect english. Does Xm radios too

16 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Tried WalMart a few weeks ago, they were down to one last one that was missing some stuff. Would like a really good one, sound-wise. Guess Guadalajara would be a good source, if there is no source at Lakeside, but I have no idea which major retailers in Guad carry them.

DVD Player versus dedicated CD player

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/dvd-player-versus-dedicated-cd-player

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sound-quality-cd-player-compared-to-dvd-player.144361/

Looking for something to play CD's as accompaniment to singer. Will be connecting it to large speaker(s).

Be wary of Misael. First, he is a repair guy. The store is not his. Second, he is far too gringo-savvy for his own good, which often leads to overcharging. Third, he has "misplaced" things, like my car stereo remote, among other items. Finally, he is not capable of properly hooking up anything other than standard car stereo gear, outside of his TV repair jobs... he cannot do XM radio properly, for instance. He continues to get left-right amplifier leads backwards. You may win with him, you may not, but deal inside the store if you are looking for a CD player.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Be wary of Misael. First, he is a repair guy. The store is not his. Second, he is far too gringo-savvy for his own good, which often leads to overcharging. Third, he has "misplaced" things, like my car stereo remote, among other items. Finally, he is not capable of properly hooking up anything other than standard car stereo gear, outside of his TV repair jobs... he cannot do XM radio properly, for instance. He continues to get left-right amplifier leads backwards. You may win with him, you may not, but deal inside the store if you are looking for a CD player.

And I was put onto him by a friend who he worked wonders for on many things in his home systems and ancient audiophile equipment at prices he was happy with. There is a biblical expression that covers this.

2 hours ago, ned small said:

Blissful madness as per google translate

Yes Dichosalocura means happy or blissful madness.  I came up with the name myself back in 2011 during the height of the cartel wars when I moved down here.  Everybody in the States was telling me that if I moved to Mexico, I was going to be kidnapped and dismembered or worse and that I was crazy to be going down there.  

11 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Yes Dichosalocura means happy or blissful madness.  I came up with the name myself back in 2011 during the height of the cartel wars when I moved down here.  Everybody in the States was telling me that if I moved to Mexico, I was going to be kidnapped and dismembered or worse and that I was crazy to be going down there.  

Crazy like a fox-jaja!

1 hour ago, ned small said:

And I was put onto him by a friend who he worked wonders for on many things in his home systems and ancient audiophile equipment at prices he was happy with. There is a biblical expression that covers this.

Like I said, you may win, you may lose. My own understanding of home gear is much deeper than his, so when I need someone, I need someone really good. If you are talking about going forth and multiplying, feel free to follow your own advice.

25 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Like I said, you may win, you may lose. My own understanding of home gear is much deeper than his, so when I need someone, I need someone really good. If you are talking about going forth and multiplying, feel free to follow your own advice.

Are you upset because they've been in business many more years than you have here? Being in business a long time tells me something. He's getting me equipment that nobody else could . I just got off the phone with him. Why don't you recommend yourself  to the OP ?

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

You must be related to my relatives.  They keep asking when I'm coming back.

Archived