Chapala.com Webboard

We have used HandyMail for many years but now we are getting "requests" from CC companies (AMEX and Kohls) to provide residential addresses or forfeit the card. Already lost my Kohls card. because the handyMail address is a business. Anyone else having problems? Better yet , anyone else have a solution?

Do you have a relative whose address you could use? They could send CC and bank stuff to your handymail. That way you're not asking them to handle it all. If you trust them to open probably 90% could be trashed if you use online statements. Most is just adverts.

I haven't had a problem receiving them at our iShop Laredo address but I don't have the 2 you cited. It seems kind of silly really. I know lots of people in the US who for one reason or another do not use their residential address to receive mail. They use either a private mailbox service or a Post Office PO Box. The private mailboxes have grown in popularity mainly in their ability to receive and sign for packages.

I think this probably has something to do with a new law.  American Express which I have had for 20 or more years wouldn't renew my card without a home address in the states.  Yes, I could have given them a relative's address but believe that to be unethical.  So no more Am. Exp.

Archived