Chapala.com Webboard

ATM problems

Stymie

I've used my Schwab debit card at the bank on the plaza in ajijic for the last 3 years.   As of last week I keep getting thrown back to the home screen.    The ATM can read my card in order to show my balance.     Where are some other ATMs that might work?     Any suggestions will be appreciated.   

There have been ongoing problems with Bancomer ATM's and foreign cards.  Sometimes they work but mostly they don't - I have reached the cynical conclusion that Bancomer does not wish to honor foreign cards.  If you question bank staff at the branch on the plaza,  they will tell you there is a glitch in their system but the "glitch" has been ongoing for more than a couple of months now.  There are similar reports from other parts of the country.

I use my NOB card (not a Schwab) at CI Banco in Laguna Centro where the charges are modest and also at HSBC bank in the same plaza.  I realize your card does not carry fees (or they will be rebated) - but I can always get cash at these two machines, providing they have money to dispense.

Archived