Chapala.com Webboard

Can someone tell me if there's a bus terminal in ajijic to catch a direct bus to Guadalajara. Think I'm gonna try to get my drivers license. And from what I've read, new DL's are only issued in the center of Guadalajara. If anyone has a better idea for getting there please let me know. Oh. And do they want me to provide copies of my CURP Etc. or do they make them there? Any new laws or heads up for the new year? TIA

The beginning of the year will produce huge crowds in Guadalajara,  all doing the same thing.  If you can hold off for a few weeks, do so.  Even better, wait for the mobile unit to come to Chapala again although there is very often little notice in advance of that  happening.  They want you to provide copies of your Curp, visa, passport and comprobante to prove your address.  Good luck.

We used a local facilitator and got our driver's licenses in Chapala last month. Didn't have to take the written test, which BTW is multiple choice in Spanish, and didn't have to take a driving test. We did have to stand in a long line to get our photos taken and get the laminated licenses. PM me if you want the facilitator's contact info or other info.

I use Luzma Grande for airport rides and also to get both my motorcycle and driver's licenses.  She speaks English and was quite efficient.  They seemed to like her there and I was given lots of help answering the questions on the computer test by an employee.  There was some kind of glitch in the paperwork because I took tests for both at the same time and she straightened it all out.  I was most likely the oldest female to jump on their motorcycle and run the course.  When I exited the car with a perfect parallel park, everyone cheered..  One fellow loudly exclaimed, "You did everything perfect!"  I said to the waiting crowd, " I'm old and I've been doing it a long time, no problema!" Little did he know I hadn't paralleled parked since my high school Driver's Ed training and never tried it on the left side.  When all you've ever driven is motorcycles, motorhomes and 18 wheelers, you don't parallel park.  We all had a good laugh and I was glad it was over.  Here is Luzma's phone number and email.  She prefers her email.  Cell 045 333 452 1670 and ajijicconcierge at gmail.com.

The contact I used is:

Ernesto Beas

embservice@outlook.com

He uses the Chapala Visits by the "DMV".

His cost includes pre-approval for the documentation, the cost of the license (Chofer), taking you to Chapala, arranging an appointment etc.

Not cheap but it was well done and otherwise painless. No Written and no Driving test provided you have another license. (Does not have to be Current)

The next one is at the end of February. It is 100% legal and above board.

Dave

On 1/1/2017 at 11:45 AM, JayBearII said:

We used a local facilitator and got our driver's licenses in Chapala last month. Didn't have to take the written test, which BTW is multiple choice in Spanish, and didn't have to take a driving test. We did have to stand in a long line to get our photos taken and get the laminated licenses. PM me if you want the facilitator's contact info or other info.

Hi Jaybear, also tried to PM you and got the message that you can't receive PMs...would be grateful if you could PM me with the information.  Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, kookielendmeyourcomb said:

Hi Jaybear, also tried to PM you and got the message that you can't receive PMs...would be grateful if you could PM me with the information.  Many thanks.

See my post above. Same service that Jaybear used.

Archived