Chapala.com Webboard

Hal Weiss

Cookie

I'm trying.  I have a helper who helps clean stalls and the heavy stuff...but all the rest ..like milking my little cow... would take longer for me to show someone how to do it than do it myself.  I WILL NOT fall apart.  Hal's depending on me...as are all these fur kids. 15 horses, little cow and her calf... three goats and new born triplets, five cats and six dogs who are missing Daddy terribly.

I'm taking my guitar today so I can give him a concert.  They say stimulation is good for him.  I'm also taking fresh cheese and still warm bread to the nursing staff to make sure he's high on their priority list.  I don't know what else to do.  Monday he goes to  a hospital with intensive rehab three hours a day.  He's getting physical therapy now and tries so hard to do what his therapist tells him.  When I saw what he wrote... we thought maybe he could get his thoughts out... it broke my heart.  He was so intense about it and I'm sure it made sense to him..but it looked like a chart with all the ups and downs. 

So many things I don't know how to do...all the techy stuff...even his phone, the TV, can't find the card for our keyless Prius,  finally figured out how to turn off the horrific alarm clock that went off at five thirty in the morning when I needed sleep so badly.  It's things you don't think about. 

11 minutes ago, sue said:

Get all the help you can. The sooner you get treatment including therapy for a stroke the better the outcome. 

Keep good thoughts people beat these all the time.

They're on it now..but when he gets to the new hospital it will be more intensive.  If anyone can beat it he can... and if the results aren't exactly what we hope for he's still the man I've loved for 35 years and we'll deal with it.

Cookie--Just keep trying. You sound like someone who will do exactly that. Your husband is fortunate to have you. I know from recent and on-going experience you're going to feel as if it is all overwhelming. And then comes a next day and things are actually easier, things work, help comes, your husband shows improvement. I used to wish for two good days in a row, I thought that would be bliss.

Please try for the best, most reputable doctors possible. There are quacks and incompetents and frauds around. Just be very careful.

People always say to take care of yourself and they mean well. But sometimes you don't have the energy to do much more than you're doing to keep all other things going much less do something good for yourself. I hope things improve for you and your husband soon. If he needs a nursing home, I can tell you our good experiences with one at Lakeside.

My husband is much better than he's been, but it took time with the help of good doctors and in-house nurse care part time and physical therapy (which he hates).

My hopes are with you for better times ahead.

Lexy

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Wish we could send you an army of helpers Kip. Remember too, in these situations people often ignore their own health. Stay strong and take care of yourself.

Wish we could send you an army of helpers Kip. Remember too, in these situations people often ignore their own health. Stay strong and take care of yourself.

2 hours ago, Lexy said:

Cookie--Just keep trying. You sound like someone who will do exactly that. Your husband is fortunate to have you. I know from recent and on-going experience you're going to feel as if it is all overwhelming. And then comes a next day and things are actually easier, things work, help comes, your husband shows improvement. I used to wish for two good days in a row, I thought that would be bliss.

Please try for the best, most reputable doctors possible. There are quacks and incompetents and frauds around. Just be very careful.

People always say to take care of yourself and they mean well. But sometimes you don't have the energy to do much more than you're doing to keep all other things going much less do something good for yourself. I hope things improve for you and your husband soon. If he needs a nursing home, I can tell you our good experiences with one at Lakeside.

My husband is much better than he's been, but it took time with the help of good doctors and in-house nurse care part time and physical therapy (which he hates).

My hopes are with you for better times ahead.

Lexy

We're still NOB and Hal works for the Corporate office of the Hospital he's in.  I have my own rejuvenating system here... Six dogs with overwhelming love .. five demanding ganster cats... but  probably the best of all is snuggles from a tiny newborn goat.....or three.  (triplets)

Kip

He's on his way back to me!!   Today he asked me...it was pretty much yes or no before  .."How do we fight this?"  It was whispery but no slur.  I told him with time, patience and hard work.  He's determined and so strong.  I have no doubt he can do it.

When you guys arrive back to your heart home (Lakeside) make sure you contact me about goats. We have a friend, who is probably reading this :wub:  to whom goats are almost a religion. She used to do "show goats" which I had never heard of, and knows how to make at least six types of goat cheese. She wants to get back into this, but she is just taking baby steps at this time.

Tell her the Nigerian Dwarfs are amazing.  They're tiny (Sweetie is 18 inches tall) and their milk is delicious!... I can't drink regular goat's milk...too musky  Sweetie's milk tastes like the richest, creamiest, best tasting cow's milk you ever had.  Tell her to take a look at them on Google.

They are purty. She is single, and bi-lingual, one day she told me that she might advertise looking to hook up with man in the mountains who raises goats. Then I realised that she was totally serious. So I said, make sure you add "send picture of goats"!

Archived