Chapala.com Webboard

The Short Shortage

TelsZ4

Drove from Ajijic to Melaque today (Dec 30th)  All gas stations on the way appeared to be open and pumping gas... 

So did Pemex bow to the pressure from this board and decide to release all the gas they were hoarding so that they could make an extra 3 peso a liter on Sunday....?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

The Pemex in Sayulita, Nayarit, has had no gas for the last 3 days and it is a half hour drive to the nearest station in Bucerias that has been pumping. Not sure what stake the OP has in continually insisting that this has not been happening.

Maybe you should try reading what I post before you coment. Did I mention Sayulita or Bucerias... NO. !!!!'  I ONLY POST WHAT I SEE.. 

So far I have neither seen or experienced any shortage.. On the 23rd of Dec I put 800 peso iworth of gas in my tank at the Pemex at Aldama.. 

When you have been driving around Mexico long enough you wil see it's not unusual for gas stations to run out on holidays such as Christmas..... It's called an OUTAGE....not a SHORTAGE. 

I have been driving around and living in Mexico for over 15 years and I have never before experienced all these gas station outages, even on Xmas and Semana Santa. And yes, I have read what you have been posting, both on this thread and others- you keep saying there are no shortages of gas.

Gassed up this afternoon at the Pemex in Ajijic on the Carretera at Alsama. All pumps operating, no lines, and only one other car in the station besides mine. I filled up with about $500 pesos of gas. Didn't seem to be any problem or concern on the part of attendants or others.

When I went to the Pemex in Ajijic yesterday around 4PM they only had Magna.  No lines though.

If the shortage disappears on Monday then we'll know.

Just another demonstration of why the organized crime syndicate we label "government" has no business in the energy business.

Wetravel a lot by road and we always run into stations here and there that have no has orno premium or no regular, that is why we made it a habit of filling at half full when we travel..No bigdeal if you stick close to home but in the middle of nowhereitis smartnotto let the tank run low ..

3 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Excuse Me.... How many months have you been here now.. Or is it weeks... ?

I've been here for more then 15 years now, and I never saw for this much time a gasoline shortage. Around this Christmas i was in Michoacan for 11 days and there were almost no gasstations with gas all those days and the one that's was open had long lines until they ran out of gas too. This has never happened before. In the past I did run sometime into gas stations that were out of some kind of gas but it never happened almost all gasstations were out of all gas like was happening now in Michoacan.

32 minutes ago, bmh said:

I guess you were not in Chiapas last year when many stations were out .. These things happen, just because it does not happen in AJijic does not mean it does not happen.

No I can't be in all states all the time. And I didn't stay it didn't happen before. Last year in Guadalajara there was also a shortage but that was only a few days and mostly only affecting Guadalajara and surroundings. But looking social media it is happening now in great part of Mexico this time and for a longer period and that hardly ever happened before.

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Hey, it hasn't been that many years since the ATMs and gas stations went short every holiday (we had a lot fewer gas stations then). This is different.

A very good observation... We all can remember the gas shortage in the 70s. Now that was a shortage.. Nothing like the outage we here in Ajijic have experienced over the last few days...

Happy new Year Telz....yeah I lived in the country several times working in the peso economy in GDL. Last stint was 2 1/2 years. So I have driven down the Pacific coast to get here, never a problem with gas. I have driven down the central part of the country, no gas problems, and i have toured around Belize; originated the trip out of Taos, New mexico, 1 month Belize, then Yucatan, Esmeralda coast. I have been down the baja last year. 

My new year's resolution is to avoid explaining anything else to real nasty types like you.

Archived