Chapala.com Webboard

best nutritionist lakeside?

bdmowers

Need someone to advise on best nutrition plan for older folks. Gracias. Has anyone had experience with such?

Good luck.. I had to see nutritionist several time for my husband kidney diet and gall bladder diet. The nutritionists are greared to help Mexicans with their diet no foreigners. in my experience. When I saw the plan I asked for the vrious ingredients  he could and could not have, asked for the amounts of ech and made my own cookbook. It took me a while but we are wy better off now and the doctors are happy with the results my husbnd is getting.I first was using egg white rather than whole eggs and then decided that since we rarely eat eggs I did not need to add eggs to our diet...sa,e with a lot of ingredients and same with ingredients that I use and were not plan of the proposed diet..

Thanks for your response, bmh, I hope both of you are doing well.

I`m desiring to put together a diet that will serve my body best as I go into older age, i.e., with the proper amounts of each of the minerals needed, etc..  Anyone on that journey?

IWe went to the nutritionist at Maskaras to get all the guidelines  which are obviously true for any cutlture and than I wwent on to make our own recipes . Getting the guidelines really help and we were very lucky DAVITA is a fabulous site for people who have problems with kidneys and diabetes. They have great recipes, menus etc.. Maybe there is such a site for old folks,, that would be rreally helpful.

I think most of us know what we should eat but implementing it day in and day out with a nice variety is tough. Good luck You maybe able to start a small group who could exchange ideas and that probably would be very helpful.

Hello I am Esli Orta Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Personal Trainer and Diabetes Educator (Universidad de Guadalajara, Federación Mexicana de Fisicocontructivismo y Fitness, Universidad del Deporte, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexican Diabetes Association, International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry).

I have experience with senior people in coaching for changing food behaviors, diabetes, cancer, intestinal diseases, surgical patients, menopause, arthritis, enteral nutrition, GI syntoms like dry mouth, dysfhagia, constipation, early satiety, etc, and other things. 

I have home service for nutritional coaching, diabetes education, clinical kitchen or personal training.

Contact me  376 765 5563, 624 174 8403

Archived