Chapala.com Webboard

IMSS vs. Seguro Poplar

gary0131

I got Seguro Popular a few months ago and so far it's great. Here they require a Permanente Visa but many say a Temporal should work. It was painless to get and everything is free, including  the Farmacia. In a small town like here, the Farmacia  is often out of things

For more serious things they will send me to Manzanillo General

I have heard many good reports about Seguro Popular Community Hospital in Jocotepec and the main SP hospitals in Guadlajara. From people I have learned to trust. Many Mexican people say that I.M.S.S. won't be around, at least in the form it is now, within the next five years. The government can then weed out the useless political cronies clogging up IMSS, and roll the caring, hard working, health providers into the Seguro Popular system. IMSS healthcare is institutional based, Seguro Popular is (or should say was) a faith based health care. Does someone holding you hand, while saying a prayer, make any difference to your health outcome? Probably not, but it speaks to why people work there in the first place, rather than those who are just there for a job. Besides, you want to be in the right place if you ever have need for a miracle.

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I have heard many good reports about Seguro Popular Community Hospital in Jocotepec and the main SP hospitals in Guadlajara. From people I have learned to trust. Many Mexican people say that I.M.S.S. won't be around, at least in the form it is now, within the next five years. The government can then weed out the useless political cronies clogging up IMSS, and roll the caring, hard working, health providers into the Seguro Popular system. IMSS healthcare is institutional based, Seguro Popular is (or should say was) a faith based health care. Does someone holding you hand, while saying a prayer, make any difference to your health outcome? Probably not, but it speaks to why people work there in the first place, rather than those who are just there for a job. Besides, you want to be in the right place if you ever have need for a miracle.

From a friend's experience at IMSS saying a prayer beforehand is not unusual and I would suggest happens in many other hospitals. If I am about to undergo major surgery I need all the help and support I can get.

Archived