Chapala.com Webboard

Handy Mail

Oregold

Is anyone having any problem receiving mail through Handy Mail?  Several people say they have sent me mail through the Laredo address and the post office swears that they are forwarding my mail, but I'm not receiving it.  I've checked that they are using the correct address and they are doing so. 

I've asked the ladies there, at Handy Mail, and they just say that there is no mail. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2016 at 3:47 PM, Oregold said:

Is anyone having any problem receiving mail through Handy Mail?  Several people say they have sent me mail through the Laredo address and the post office swears that they are forwarding my mail, but I'm not receiving it.  I've checked that they are using the correct address and they are doing so. 

I've asked the ladies there, at Handy Mail, and they just say that there is no mail. 

I had the same problems last summer.  After many calls to the Florida post office (who, indeed, were forwarding the mail) I learned that the address given to me by Handy Mail, was too long, and the USPS wouldn't use it in it's entirety. Turns out, my mail had piled up in Laredo, at Handy Mail facility. It wasn't being put into the correct "box" because of the change to the address made by USPS.  Go into the Handy Mail office in Ajijic and ask if they would please check on this.  And, please, for me, tell them that their addresses are too long....USPS doesn't like them......I will be trying to use them again this summer. And don't take the ladies at Handy Mail's word for it.  Insist, talk to the guy, whoever he is.  He's the one who helped me.  And good luck!

I have had the "not received" situtation also, mostly with banks and credit cards. When I checked the address online it looked alright but the had added the 5802 Bob bullock CL on one line and the 328-C## on the second line. Their mail drops the second address line so just force it on the main street address line. Put nothing in their second address line. Once I discovered what was going on I haven't had any other problems.

ME TO. I was told exactly how to write the Bob Bullock address with my unique number. I didn't quite follow the instructions and had the same problem geeser did.

It was my fault. Once I corrected the address, everything started working as promised.

I thought Handy mail only handled letters. But should you wish to have another mail deliverer like FedEx, UPS, Amazon, Etc. deliver a package for you, that Handy Mail would gladly accept and hold the package for you at their office during normal business hours, should you not want it delivered to your house.

If that is so, whose fault would it be if Handy Mail never received your package?   I don't know

We've had packages sent directly to Handy Mail but letter/magazine mail must go to Laredo.  They usually let you know by email when they receive a package.  I would guess missing packages are stuck in customs.

Archived