Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw TV remote cleaning

bmw1150rt

9 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

We just bought at Walmart a GE Universal remote that is working on our Shaw box - just in case you can't find someone to clean the one you have.

Was it pretty easy to set up? Our Shaw remote is getting very testy in its old age.

28 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

We just bought at Walmart a GE Universal remote that is working on our Shaw box - just in case you can't find someone to clean the one you have.

That is a good piece of news to know, because universally almost no remote is capable of taking the Shaw codes.

1 hour ago, bmw1150rt said:

We have a Shaw remote that apparently need cleaning. I am hoping their are some local people who can do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have actually never heard of that. It may involve dismantling the unit and cleaning the contacts on the motherboard. I do this frequently with my keyfob for the car, and then glueing tin foil on the motherboard where the buttons go....!

Teleservicio is on the south side of the carretera in San Juan Cosala at #43A. If you are coming from the east you will see a large metal microwave tower. The service place is just west of the base of this tower. 

Archived