Chapala.com Webboard

Gasoline shortage!

AlanMexicali

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Now I hear the Jalisco cartels are threatening to burn down every Pemex station if the prices go up...

Meantime, no gas on libramiento, outside of Chapala, Ixtlahuacan, and Riberas...

Article in La Jornada and other news organizations which I have read. Indirectly read the US Consulate in PV is issuing a warning to stay away from PEMEX stations starting at 10 pm tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Sonia said:

Article in La Jornada and other news organizations which I have read. Indirectly read the US Consulate in PV is issuing a warning to stay away from PEMEX stations starting at 10 pm tomorrow. 

Not tomorrow, tonight.

12 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Not tomorrow, tonight.

Sorry correct. Changed my post.Thanks

Just got the following forwarded to me:

Date: Fri, Dec 30, 2016o at 3:02 PM
Subject: Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Transnational Criminal Organization Threats To Attack Jalisco Gas Stations
To:

The U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara would like to inform U.S. citizens that information is available on social media, allegedly originating from a transnational criminal organization, that they will conduct attacks on gas stations in the state of Jalisco beginning at 10:00 pm tonight, December 30.  While these threats are unconfirmed, the Regional Security Office at the Consulate has advised Consulate employees to avoid using gas stations from 10:00 pm tonight through 8:00 am, December 31.  American citizens should be aware of their surroundings if they intend to visit gas stations during this time and monitor local media for additional information.

For further information:

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

Contact the U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara, located at Progreso 175, Americana, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44160, during business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 011-52-33-3268-2100 or via email at acsgdl@state.gov .

You may also call 011-52-55-5080-2000 after-hours.

Contact information for the Embassy and other U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website. 

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Once gas prices are let to rise or fall this spring, we should have a separate forum for people to post prices at the various stations, kind of like a gas buddy.com service.

No one has posted about the gas shortages since last Tuesday. Does anyone have any current info on gasoline availability going towards Laredo? Or am I in the wrong place? Thanks

We came home from Laredo last Saturday when everyone was saying to make sure to keep the car filled.  We did that but did not run into any problem with getting gas between here and Laredo ... This was during the time of reports of limited gas here Lakeside.

Archived