Chapala.com Webboard

House inspector / termites

CeeZee

We used Mauricio a builder/engineer type.  045 333 157 2954.  Landlord called someone else in who sprayed and it did nothing.  Mauricio suggested drilling into beams and injecting poison. You do understand killing termites without tenting a house is difficult and varies with how the house is built and where the termite food is.  We will start to follow Mauricio advice in spring when we can leave house open all day and night.   

Good Luck

16 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

We had termites in the family home up north, poison was pumped into the ground both inside and outside the house. I recently had termites here and the same was done. No spraying, no tenting of the house for a very successful extermination. Landlord used Renee here. Clean neat and efficient.

So it looks like our inspector is right you have to drill and inject poison. We found topical spraying worthless basically.

I have a 3/4 liter bottle of "Antipolilla" Industrial use. This is the heavy duty, liquid termite killer you inject into the wood (with drilled holes and needleless syringe) or paint on likely areas. Used in Puerto Vallarta, but my family has sold that place and I will never need it here. Free to a good home. It will only end up in some landfill sooner or later. I remember it was expensive - but really works.

Archived