Chapala.com Webboard

5am flight from GDL. Taxi from ajijic ?

dfwguy

Hello - our first trip to lake chapala region in March 2017. We have a 5 am departure from GDL

is it a problem to catch a taxi from chapala region to GDL at 3 AM or is it better to spend the night near the airport to clear customs and get checked in for such an early flight?

thanks for reading this and thanks for any advice.

Are you on the right continent? GDU is Guadalajara Yebes Spain. Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico is GDL. Please clarify. Yes, there is Miramontes transfer based in Ajijic Chapala Mexico that will pick you up/drop you off by pre-arrangement, pretty much at any hour. They will take note of your flight and monitor it and make sure you make it to and from the airport. I will post their number, but please post first and let us know what continent you intend to visit.

We need a ride from HDI insurance in Guadalajara to Ajijic to drop off our car for repairs and then a week later a ride from Ajijic to HDI to pick it up. We were thinking a taxi to the bus terminal and then the bus to Ajijic would be the way to go but if a taxi from here is reasonable it would be much more convenient. Can you send me a PM with the current number for Miramontes? Any best guess what something like this would cost? The HDI office is right next to Plaza Los Torres 

Thx

dfw,  what an ungodly hour to depart.  If flight out at 5 I assume a 4:15 to 4:30 board, the former if your flight needs a bus to get you out on the tarmac, the latter if a gate board.  Since you note its your first time in Ajijic then a visit to IMN for stamps not necessary and a bit of a time saver.   Early mornings tend to be very busy with traffic in and out of the airport.  This said I would want to be at the airport by 3:30, departing Ajijic at 2:45.

It all depends on your sleep habits but I would find the most comfort of taking a cab to the hotel just south of the airport in the late afternoon.  Dinner at Chijles downstairs and arrane a cab to the airport around 3:30.   That or go late and grab some zzz's in the airport lounge.   Something to consider.

Archived