Chapala.com Webboard

Las Palma's in Matehuala

Wookie

The room is clean, the beds must be new as they are comfortable and not the old broken down ones we had last year.  The carpet doesn't stick to our feet and the bathroom is very clean with a large pedestal sink replacing the old yucky sink that I didn't even want to lean over to brush my teeth in the last time we were here.  Geez, I might even opt for a shower tonight! 

So any one that has not been here for a while has a nice surprise in store.

3 hours ago, crynoutloud said:

Its a great place to stop but just saying there is no gate in front. I never saw any Security people and it is kind of sprawling, spread out. Security cameras?  But again a great place to stop for the night.  

It's only a great place to stay if you are in one of the renovated rooms..  If your not its a #€£¥ hole...

10 hours ago, crynoutloud said:

Its a great place to stop but just saying there is no gate in front. I never saw any Security people and it is kind of sprawling, spread out. Security cameras?  But again a great place to stop for the night.  

Have stayed there several times over the last ten years, have always found the security to be good.. That is one of the reasons people traveling south stay there

• 4 weeks later...

I concur I have stayed appx 3 times a year since 1997 always with a (visibly) loaded SUV and never had any problem. It is amazing that hotels in Mexico are concerned with your vehicle security and most often have guards or gated + guard for the parking. Compare this to the USA where courts have held hotels not liable for guest vehicle security: No gated parking, no guard, only camera's that don't work and they won't give you a copy of disk showing the bandits. But they do post signs braging that they are irresponsible! Tell me which one is third world?

Archived