Chapala.com Webboard

TAR Aerolineas

aprice1966

Thanks,    Ive been to Queretaro Aiport before but Coming From the States on American or United.  My wife is from Tequisquiapan and we visit once per year.  This trip in April we are doing a fact finding Mission on possibly Retiring in Chapala and then visiting relatives in Queretaro.  Looking forward to our adventrure.

3 hours ago, aprice1966 said:

They have a pretty friendly Web Site and an App for Smart Phones.  I signed me and my wife up on their frequent flyer program as well.

I've tried many times, and their website is difficult to use.  Either it will let you search, but when you try to click on dates, it just says 'Nan nan nan', or it won't bring up anything in the search field at all!  How were you able to use it?

It could be your browser... is not compatible. I had no problems using Firefox 'tho.  But when I try to use Firefox on Volaris's website it will get half way through and then just go no farther..... clicking for naught.  When I switch to IE or the Win10 browser it goes right on through.

It appears that they don't have an English version.... not too strange as they are a National airline flying only in Mexico. 

I used the web site to buy tickets in Oct for use last week to-from PV, which I paid for at Oxxo.  Excellent! Only comment is they changed gates both ways, and if I had not been paying attention could have gotten into a jam.

Jets they use are all for short-haul only, made in Brazil, and since TAR started in 2014 are nice and new. Probably not for guys over 6 ft 2 ....... without bending your head over while walking in the aisle.  3 seats to a row --- I asked for "A" which is a single.... so no chance of being crowded by the other person (B and C)

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

I used the web site to buy tickets in Oct for use last week to-from PV, which I paid for at Oxxo.  Excellent! Only comment is they changed gates both ways, and if I had not been paying attention could have gotten into a jam.

Jets they use are all for short-haul only, made in Brazil, and since TAR started in 2014 are nice and new. Probably not for guys over 6 ft 2 ....... without bending your head over while walking in the aisle.  3 seats to a row --- I asked for "A" which is a single.... so no chance of being crowded by the other person (B and C)

That's good info.   Do they take credit card payments online?

13 hours ago, Natasha said:

I used the web site to buy tickets in Oct for use last week to-from PV, which I paid for at Oxxo.  

I'm curious, Natasha, as to how you used the website to "buy tickets", but yet paid for them at an OXXO.  Could you explain that part.

11 hours ago, RickS said:

I'm curious, Natasha, as to how you used the website to "buy tickets", but yet paid for them at an OXXO.  Could you explain that part.

When you get to the part about paying, you can elect to pay at Oxxo. They send you an email with a bar code, and give you a specific time frame in which to pay. Print the form, take it and cash to the Oxxo of your choice, and voila!  (I use this method for other on-line purchases in Mexico too.)

I have paid for items on Mercado Libre, ferry tickets to Baja, Mex.airline tickets, etc. using the same method of payment at OXO. For Mercado Libre he didn't send me a bar code, but rather his OXO payment #. I had to scan and send the seller the receipt from OXO. All pretty painless and convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived