Chapala.com Webboard

Houston Consulate

Zeb

If anyone is applying for residency, I suggest they avoid the Consulate in Houston.  I have been there twice.  There is always a problem.  Today was my second day there returning with what I was told was needed.  Had an 8 am appointment.  No one in the Visa section available until 9 am. Person I was to see was not there.  Appointments normally start at 9 am, however, she told me to come back at 8 am because her day was booked.  I waited outside for an hour.  They are so afraid of people that there are two security check points where they ask the same questions and get the same info, then more guards inside who make sure you are watched.

Turns out person who helped me didn't know what she was doing, so my second visit was with person in charge of that section.  My Visa was not given to me after hours driving, and waiting.    The second trip was totally unnecessary as I could not provide what was needed as my original marriage license is in Mexico.     I had told her that, so there was no need to return if I did not have what was needed.  The list they gave me did not contain all the information.

The Consulate herself is a cold human being.  I want to use other words, but I won't do that here.  This is my second time with this process as I had originally applied in Laredo and that went quite smoothly.  Unfortunately for me, my wallet disappeared so I am forced to start the process over.

Sorry for your experience. I have had similar reports from clients at Houston. If at all possible I recommend the Laredo MX consulate.

Asking for a marriage license, if you were the only one applying is unusual.

sincerely

Sonia

Archived