Chapala.com Webboard

Hair Stylist Recommendation

dboisclair

I second Jim at Gloriosa.  I don't color my hair, but my girlfriends that do say he's the best.  He did "fix" my haircut that had been botched a bit by another stylist.  So I will continue to go back to him even though he's a bit pricier than others.  It's worth it.

It's in the Plaza Interlago shopping center behind Pemex and Oxxo on the libriamento. Lake Taco is there, Tio Sam is on the libriamento side. Jim's is next to the vet and pet supply, roughly across from Quality Care Clinic.

The OP is saying that he's helping his wife with her color but she'll need a stylist (hair cutter).

I've been to Glorioso (not Jim) and to Maria Teresa for some time (who is very good) and both are expensive. 

I now go to Rosario in Susanna's Salon, recommended by a friend. Rosario is one of the best hair cutters I've had. She's easily as good as the high-priced stylists and without the prima donna antics. Attention to detail, she's obviously been well trained. She speaks English well. Tel # 766 5540. Corner of Guadalupe Victoria and Galeano, Ajijic.

Lexy

1 hour ago, bezerk said:

I went to Christine recently , my first time and thus far am happy with her work , time will tell how it goes.  Her English is great and she is fast.

Yes, she is fast. That after a few times was the problem for me. Too fast.

Lexy

Tried Christine, she cuts and styles quickly, kinda like those inexpensive places at the Malls in the U.S. and Canada who do the "One style fits all"

Within hours the set had drooped. For good stylists I recommend Theresa Marie, or Jim at Gloriosa. The both take time with cuts and styling. 

On 12/16/2016 at 1:43 PM, Lexy said:

The OP is saying that he's helping his wife with her color but she'll need a stylist (hair cutter).

I've been to Glorioso (not Jim) and to Maria Teresa for some time (who is very good) and both are expensive. 

I now go to Rosario in Susanna's Salon, recommended by a friend. Rosario is one of the best hair cutters I've had. She's easily as good as the high-priced stylists and without the prima donna antics. Attention to detail, she's obviously been well trained. She speaks English well. Tel # 766 5540. Corner of Guadalupe Victoria and Galeano, Ajijic.

Lexy

How much does she charge?  I use Cirene on Hidalgo in Seis Esquinas who speaks no English but is an amazing stylist who charges 40 pesos.  Problem is sometimes she is open when expected and sometimes not.  She is very popular and once, when I thought I could beat the system, and went 15 minutes before opening there were six people ahead of me!  She is now out on maternity leave and I would like to try someone else.

Christine is located in the Centro Laguna mall .....I found her to be professional, do a good job, organized and rather than fast timely...My hair came out good for first time trying her and this was with little prep or pictures etc.  She appears skilled and knowledgeable..  Her number is 376 106 0864

I will update when I have my hair done again..

Holy Crap! Questions about best restaurants, recommended cardiac surgeons or how to renew a passport get one or two vague responses but ask about a hair dresser and the board light up! :-) Who knew? 

I'm stuck doing the colouring (oh joy!) but thanks for all the great recommendations for the cut - I'll pass these on to my wife and who knows, if I'm lucky I can duck the colouring too. 

Cheers!

Archived