Chapala.com Webboard

Prana - Natural soaps, body butter, etc

Tingting

There is a new shop in Chapala, Prana, that offers all-natural products such as soaps (my favorite!), moisturizing creams, pain-relieving rubs, natural deodorants, natural depilitory sugar wax and more. All of the ingredients are 100% food quality (yes, they might be edible, but that doesn't mean you should). I'm embarrassed to admit that I  didn't know that the all-natural soaps I'd bought in the past could actually be made with "100% natural" old French fry cooking oil! There are also no petroleum products, chemicals, fillers, or other junk. Melanie, the owner, took the time to explain all of the different health benefits of each item and was quick to provide samples of everything that interested me. Since she's new to the area, she's using part of her home as her shop, but I really recommend that you check her out if you're also interested in natural body products. The best part of it all, for me, was that she's quite knowledgeable about natural methods for treatments of your aches and pains and is quite happy to share it with you.

You can contact Melanie at cabravieja2010@hotmai.com or 765-3981. She's located at 317A Zaragoza (at the corner with Morelos).

(FWIW, I'm not getting any bennies or goodies for posting this, but just wanted to share a good experience.)

Melanie is one of the most fascinating woman I have met for a long time. A huge personality, impeccably truthful, and really, really, knows her stuff. She has been doing this for a very long time. She is a great asset to our community, you really do have to meet her. She has products for both men and women. She has a gift for green medicine, and how to make it work.

TingTing - Bless your heart!  Hope you're enjoying the soaps...  The one  you liked so much, the Chocolate Almond Coconut, with the almond oil in the recipe has now become my personal new favorite...  among the 7 other "favorite soaps" on my soap tray in the shower & kitchen...  :D

Chillin - I still have not figured out who you are, but I have my suspicions...  :D  It's all good.

Thanks for the rep, you guys. 

ATM, this is all just coming together & beginning to "gel."  I'm so thrilled about the availability of so many wonderful things for the skin here, and the prices are so economical (especially if you DIG like I do).  I've been able to source more items in bulk, so will be able to lower the prices of the products a bit, making them affordable to everyone. 

I prefer to work out of my home.  I live in a "soap & beauty product factory," it seems...  Well, on a very small scale, jajaja.

It has the benefit that I'm pretty much always around, so if anyone wants to come up & shop for "stocking stuffers," just give a ring when you're in Chapala.

In the event I'm not available, I have soaps, body butters, and anti-aging facial creams in stock at Serendipity Perfumeria on the Plaza in Chapala.  Miriam, the owner, will weigh out the amount of cream or body butter you want to purchase.  I recommend her lovely glass jars for storage, rather than plastic.  Soaps vary in weights and are sold by the gram.  You can buy 1/2 a soap, 1/3 of a soap, or a selection of 1/2 soaps - however you want. 

The facial toners, natural deodorants, foot fungus treatment, etc. will not be on the shelves until next month.  My computer suffered an attack of the gremlins, so we're behind schedule getting labels, brochures, etc. done. 

I just love helping folks fix their skin/body issues with indigenous recipes from around the world... 100% natural.

Namaste, all.

Sorry, I could not leave this hanging. Melanie is working so hard on putting this thing together. The answer is that she told us that her hand soaps can also be used as shampoo. You might want to contact her to make sure the one you purchased can be used for this purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the bar soaps are also shampoo bars!  The only difference is that the BEST  conditioner you make yourself - 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar in a liter of warm water.  This seals the cuticle and gives you shiny, squeeky clean hair that needs no detangler because the tangles just fall out.  My hair is near waist length and I use no purchased products on it at all.  People are always asking me what "products" I use on my hair.  I just smile & say, "my own." 

I got back into soapmaking as a result of frustration with my dry skin while living in Uruguay on the Atlantic.  Sounds idyllic, but a very brutal climate with the harsh weather & salt air.  Unable to buy a soap anywhere at any price that didn't strip the oils from my skin & leave me feeling lizard-like, I decided to "go back to the Rez" & start making my own soaps, lotion & creams again.  I found that once I got away from the chemicals & perfumes & back to natural, healthy oils, my skin got happy again on its own. 

EZPZ - I do offer special formulas for shampoo bars, but each person is different regarding what their likes are in a shampoo...  Feel free to holler me up for a chat or drop in for a coffee!  We can talk about the kind of product you want. 

I offer a 20% discount on special orders.

Archived