Chapala.com Webboard

Appliance Paint Needed - White

Arjay

Does anyone know where I can buy a small amount of white appliance paint to cover some rust on my washing machine?  I tried the large hardware store (Truper?) on the Carretera near Marcos Castellanos and they don't have any.  I asked where I could get it Lakeside and he said "nowhere, you have to go to Home Depot".

Not wanting to go to Guad, does anyone has any ideas or possibly have some they could sell to me, please?  Thanks.

The hardware store next to Oxxo in Ajijic carries spray cans of enamel paint, plus the undercoat rust paint. Use fine sandpaper, spray the rust proofing, spray the white enamel. I just did this and I'm a girl :)

I had a "handyman" spray paint the small rusted parts on my washer and dryer.  The white paint ended up on my royal blue control panel on the dryer, which he tried to remove with paint remover.  In the process he removed much of the royal blue and control instructions at the same time.  I also ended up with an uneven, drippy mess on my appliances.  I wouldn't go for spray paint again.  I'd rather get a small paint brush and use a can of appropriate enamel paint.  Probably nothing can be done with my control panel now.

Does nail polish really work?  If so, any particular kind - what about the cheapy stuff in the tianguis?

Archived