Chapala.com Webboard

Jan 20 Trip to Ajijic Questions

bobsf

My next trip to Ajijic is on Jan 20 (when DT takes office).  I have 2 questions.  Does anyone have a tour guide they would recommend?  I am trying to find someone to that could give me a tour of the lakeside area and perhaps also Guadalajara.  Also does anyone know someone I can rent or borrow a massage table from?  In San Francisco I work as a professional bodyworker that specializes in working with injuries.   My idea is to volunteer a day or two of my trip to work with the Mexican people. 

IMHO Charter Club Tours is the only way to go.

They have regularly scheduled day-trips to Guadalajara every Sunday.

and  'Around-The-Lake' tours every Wednesday. Charter Club has a long-standing

relationship with the areas they visit, and will get you in to see sites that are usually

closed to the public; Sunday is THE BEST day to tour Guadalajara. 

http://charterclubtours.com/en/day-tours/

Gabriel Orea, 331-348-3228.  Gabriel is extremely knowledgeable about the history of this area.  We use his services just to go to the doctor or for medical studies and he his always pointing out things along the way and telling us interesting stories about this area. He takes many people on tours as well.  One thing that is very important to us as well is a comfortable, clean, car with air conditioning as we do not like to ride inhaling car exhaust.  His car meets the bill.  We twice had to endure a very uncomfortable car when calling Francisco .,.. the third time they picked us up in such a car (after being told we wanted a comfortable car with a/c) we refused the service and called a taxi.  I don't know if others have had this experience with them or not.  We used Francisco for about 10 years exclusively until this happened.  I believe they have become so busy that sometimes they farm out jobs to relatives or friends that are not up to their normal quality.  Gabriel is also fluent in English.

Bob, a real tour with history etc, use Charter Club. To see other areas, thinking about relocation Francisco & sons can drive you, stop, walk around etc. You will not be able to see gated communities. Some people will use a realtor for a day or so to get an idea on costs per location, amenities etc. Realtors can get into gated communities. And don't forget the bus...  You can ride from Mescala to Jocotepec for very little money. Get off in the various towns and walk around. Enjoy your visit. Eleanor

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:02 AM, bobsf said:

Also does anyone know someone I can rent or borrow a massage table from?  In San Francisco I work as a professional bodyworker that specializes in working with injuries.   My idea is to volunteer a day or two of my trip to work with the Mexican people. 

I don`t know of someone who rents their table. But I would suggest contacting other masseurs and ask them about that.  A search for "masseur" on this board will yield many contacts. One I use, certificates all over his walls, is Lupe, 333-959-8021. He is in Chapala. He is very nice, Mexican who speaks English well, and will answer any question you propose.

Archived