Chapala.com Webboard

room electronic air purifier wanted

Remi

Does anyone know where I could buy a room air purifier that will remove dust and pollen from the air?  I would also like a humidifier so if the two were combined, would be great.  I have much dust from construction coupled with a recent severe asthma attack so need this asap.  Thanks for your response...(I have looked at Walmart, Steren, Guad Farmacia and Hardware stores.)

• 3 weeks later...

Mercado Libre has the best ones - ionic generators.  No filters to buy & replace, just flip out the metal panel, give a wipe with damp cloth, replace.  You're done.  I lived with a HEAVY smoker but our house never smelled of smoke.  Also great for the kitchen, etc.

Look under Home & Garden, then Ionizadores.  You will find them with & without humidifiers.  Some also function as small room A/C units, with either ice or water.  Almost all are less than $100mx.

www.mercadolibre.com

I regularly buy products from Mercado Libre.  Functions just like eBay.  Products are delivered to your door, many with free shipping.  All my experiences have been positive.

On the humidification part, keep in mind that the typical hard lakeside water (lot of calcium) can put a lot of "white dust" into the air if using an ultrasonic type of unit, or can quickly scale up the pads if using an evaporative type.    Softened water can greatly help either of these situations.

Archived