Chapala.com Webboard

Christmas Dinner WITHOUT The Noise

Mainecoons

This will be the first year we'll likely be going out for Christmas dinner.  Would appreciate suggestions as to where to go for a QUIET, nicely set and prepared Christmas dinner without "benefit" of the obnoxiously loud "music" far too many restaurants here assail the senses with.  We've already eliminated the restaurants in noisy locations but also want to avoid those that have noisy dining rooms because of poor acoustics or too many tables.

Thanks for suggestions from those of you who usually eat out for Christmas day dinner.

I agree about La Nueva Posada.  However, if we were going to be in town I would check with Ninette's to see if they were going to be open.  Even if it was not "holiday" fare, the restaurant is really nice, cloth tablecloths, nice silverware, excellent service and food.  It is a dining experience instead of the normal eating experience ... to me.

I'm getting feedback the Manix buffet is on the crowded side with a fair amount of standing in line.  We really don't need a buffet and would prefer a quiet sit down individual service setting where a restaurant is serving traditional U.S. holiday fare.  Don't really care anything about the roast pig either.

Along those lines, what would you all suggest?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I'm getting feedback the Manix buffet is on the crowded side with a fair amount of standing in line.  We really don't need a buffet and would prefer a quiet sit down individual service setting where a restaurant is serving traditional U.S. holiday fare.  Don't really care anything about the roast pig either.

Along those lines, what would you all suggest?

Thanks.

Nueva Posada, again. 

• 3 weeks later...

For next year....

We went to Go! for lunch yesterday.  It was superb and had only a small quartet including a harp player so no ear splitting noise.  

It was $200 pesos without postres, $250 with.  The turkey was tasty, moist and succulent.  Vegies cooked just right...slightly crunchy.  The Christmas pudding with Grand Marnier sauce was to die for.  It was light yet full of fruit.  All served at the table - no buffet lines to contend with.

Drink prices were very reasonable.

GO was a first class dining experience on Christmas day.   Delicious food, served piping HOT...not always the case in Mexico...and good service.  I would definitely go again at Xmas, we do go frequently......very well organized...Good job Pedro and CREW!!

Archived