Chapala.com Webboard

Home rental advice

Lost Dog

Chillin, just what is a ¨fixed rate peso¨?  I´ve never encountered one.  But renting in pesos instead of in dollars is generally a very good thing and to be sought.  You are unlikely to find many places for rent in pesos through realtors, plus you have to pay their 15% forever every month.  So renting directly from an owner who lists the price in pesos makes the most sense.  Just as an example, we rented our place in San Antonio Tlayacapan over 11 years ago for $4000 pesos per month which, at the time, was slightly over $400 USD per month.  Our rent after 8 years went up to $4500 per month, which right now is about $212 USD per month.  The home is plain but comfortable, 2 beds 2 baths with a garage with automatic door and a back yard with lawn for our dog (and us) and mature fruit trees including lime trees that produce year round.  We also own a home on the beach in La Manzanilla and live there half the year while keeping this place year round.

The centro is not a good place for handicaps , it is easier to find a one level house outside of centro and drive to Soriana or Walmart or Superlake etc.. When my husband had to use a wheelchair I became very aware of the limitations on the streets, we were lucky that when we retired we looked for a one level house with open floor plan so I only had ro have a small wooden ramp to make the house and the garden accessible to a wheelchair  but walking the sreets either in CHapala or Guadaljara became a problem.

Archived