Chapala.com Webboard

Achilles Heel

My wife developed what looked like a heel spur....it grew and caused pain when she walked. We went to Quality care and saw their orthopedic doctor....he said that her Achilles tendon was pulling way from the heal. An operation was necessary and would be very painful as well as expensive. A friend suggested a second opinion with Dr. Youcha, the Chiropracter...He stated that he had treated this condition in his sport's medicine practice and to just give him a few weeks and if there was no improvement...than the "cutting" was still an option. Well, three weeks later...the pain is greatly reduced, the pain is subdued, the skin swelling is much smaller...and no operation. We still consider Quality Care our first and best choice before we try any other option. No single doctor can be right all the time, but these folks seem to be right most of the time. You decide.

Fred Habacht

If that helped so well, you may also get your wife to consider supplementing with acupuncture.I have completely cured many things that would be said to "require surgery" with acupunture. Suerte! Glad she is better.

8 hours ago, barbara habacht said:

My wife developed what looked like a heel spur....it grew and caused pain when she walked. We went to Quality care and saw their orthopedic doctor....he said that her Achilles tendon was pulling way from the heal. An operation was necessary and would be very painful as well as expensive. A friend suggested a second opinion with Dr. Youcha, the Chiropracter...He stated that he had treated this condition in his sport's medicine practice and to just give him a few weeks and if there was no improvement...than the "cutting" was still an option. Well, three weeks later...the pain is greatly reduced, the pain is subdued, the skin swelling is much smaller...and no operation.  You decide.

Fred Habacht

This is wonderful Fred!  So nice to know a variety of good treatment options and doctors exist for us  here lakeside.  I wish her a complete recovery!  Thank goodness you were able to eliminate the Joco Doctora from the mix.  Imagine what might have happened had you went to her with this problem given your previous experience.

By the way, how did that law suit turn out?  You can PM me if you wish to share that outcome.

Thanks again Fred.

pedro malo

Dr Youcha is quite well trained and is much more than just a Chiropractor in my opinion.  He reads and stays current and gets the updated training that any good health care provider should get.  He now has a partner in the clinic that he has been training in his style for a few years. He teaches in Mexico also. As a disclaimer he is our family friend and we travel around together.  I have an amazing amount of respect for him personally and professionally.  He is also an extremely funny man worth knowing.  

I agree with you 100%. I would like to add that having a medical provider that you like and consider a friend...certainly makes the "health voyage" a lot easier. I still remain surprised at the medical people who I can call friend in addition to "doctor."

Good bedside manner is a gift and those that have it....I hope, enjoy even greater success than those that play the role of "GOD."

Fred Habacht

8 hours ago, barbara habacht said:

We try to report the good, rather than the negatives about Mexico. So as to my lawsuit...We choose to just say that it did not work out as we had hoped it would. The Doctora continues doing what  does and we go on with our lives.

Fred Habacht

Thank you Fred.  I'm sorry to hear that about the lawsuit after what you both went through.  But then what could have been expected, expats confronting a wealthy Mexican national in Mexico?  Justice might have been too much to expect.  Glad to know you both survived at least and go on with your lives.

pedro m

Archived