Chapala.com Webboard

cell phone reception west of Ajijic

JayBearII

I am in La Canacinta just west of the Oxxo/Pemex in Ajijic, half way down toward the Lake. I am wondering if anyone is using a cell phone service provider that has good coverage in this area? I am with IUSACELL currently, and I have to stand on the back patio to make a call, and even then the reception is not great. When I started the service, they assured me that they were adding transmitters, but that has not happened. I hated TelMex--hopeless service--and hate to think of going back to them.

I live on the mountainside of San Juan. I use Telcel and have good service for cell phone. I use TelMex for landline and internet. We can only get 8 mugs when all goes perfect, but it does usually allow good phone, internet, movies, etc.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:38 PM, JayBearII said:

I am in La Canacinta just west of the Oxxo/Pemex in Ajijic, half way down toward the Lake. I am wondering if anyone is using a cell phone service provider that has good coverage in this area? I am with IUSACELL currently, and I have to stand on the back patio to make a call, and even then the reception is not great. When I started the service, they assured me that they were adding transmitters, but that has not happened. I hated TelMex--hopeless service--and hate to think of going back to them.

I live on La Canacita as well. No problem with AT andT. We live on the lake.

Every company has dead spots, even in the middle of a city and on top of a hill  If  receiving cell calls at your house is important ask your neighbors which company is best there. Also communicat with whatsapp..That is what I do but even that sometimes does not work..

Archived