Chapala.com Webboard

Raining in upper Ajijic

johanson

Gosh I remember the good old days some 10 to 15 years ago here in Ajijic where when it rained, our internet would regularly go out. These days though it almost never goes out. and yes at 7:20 PM you guys show 0.03 inches of rain. I love the rain, as long as it does it at night, :)

Upper Riberas: we have been out since mid nite last, just called Mx city

Por favor, necesito un representante técnico de habla inglesa, Gracias

1st call disconnected, 2nd call lasted 3-4minutes, they asked for a speed test, then the connection failed again? Carlos (not slim) was the on the help line. So far no return call. Connection Quality to California a B, Dallas a D, Monterrey an F? Speed Test 10.06 Down 0.79 Up We are into the 5th week of crappy service

155941214.png

Well Pete, as you know, Riberas is the red headed step child here and so we are always last in line - ha. It eventually got to us, all good things come in time. I'm on a WiFi up here and my tower is on a low mountain closeby and if there is lightning anywhere within 15 miles it takes out that station. By comparison Brad & Mary's Telmex connection for ChapalaWeather rarely goes down. It's been raining up here for 3 days and we have one more to go and then the real fun, the forecast is for 28 degrees Thurs night, it's that time of year.

Weird I ran four ping tests the first and third try gave me a D and the second and F Yet the fourth test gave me a great grade

155960826.png

Weird Oh and I gave up paying 599 and now pay 389 pesos per month which gives me a 9.996 down according to my modem or somewhat less according to speedtest as shown below. Apparently it's almost impossible to get much faster in my neighborhood.

5851412700.png

7 hours ago, mkshawn said:

1st call disconnected, 2nd call lasted 3-4minutes, they asked for a speed test, then the connection failed again? Carlos (not slim) was the on the help line. So far no return call. Connection Quality to California a B, Dallas a D, Monterrey an F? Speed Test 10.06 Down 0.79 Up We are into the 5th week of crappy service

155941214.png

So you are saying that 10.06 down is crappy?

crappy? Crappy is the 5 weeks of intermittent internet service, repeated calls to 01.800.123.222, 3 visits from telmex to check service, 4 maybe 5 visits to Telmex in Ajijic, 2 replacement modems.

Speed is fine when it is available! Now we are really off topic!

Archived